The online racing simulator
Right Hand drive DFP
(20 posts, started )
Right Hand drive DFP
hi does anybody know if theres a version of the dfp with the sequential stick on the left side of the wheel?? not that it would be hard to modify though, it would just save hassle.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
This reminds me about a guy and a hacksaw or something ...
#3 - Jakg
Quote from thisnameistaken :AFAIK the stick on the Momo can be moved to the other side

on the momo it DEFINATELY can, altho i prefer it where it is and its already in a dodgy position!
ok thanks, looks like i mite be getting the old soldering iron and hacksaw out again (snapped three blades last time i used it, long story). anyway ill have a look around at different wheels before i buy one. cheers
... On my momo, I have it on BOTH sides...
Uhm, what do you use the extra one for?
#7 - Munza
Quote from sgt.flippy :Uhm, what do you use the extra one for?

maybe he's got some tonka game where he uses bulldozers and such? they drive them with leavers
Because, I use them for handbrake+clutch, so depending on the corner (rally).
It's a shame they're made for driving on the wrong side of the road

I would get one if they were available for the correct side of the road, but now i'll stick with my el cheapo pad
how many degrees of rotation does the momo wheel have? and how much can i buy one for, cos the only other wheel i seen is the g25, and thats out of the question. lol
Quote from duke_toaster :It's a shame they're made for driving on the wrong side of the road

I would get one if they were available for the correct side of the road, but now i'll stick with my el cheapo pad

It IS the right side of the road, how can we help it only a few countries on the entire planet go driving on the left?

And why can't you just adapt to the stick being on the right side? If I recall seeing correctly, their are cars with the wheel on the right, and also have the gearbox on the right, squeezed in between.
Quote from sgt.flippy :This reminds me about a guy and a hacksaw or something ...

ssshhhhhh!!!
Don't see the issue really it doesn't take most people long to get used to the shifter being on the right when they get in a proper racing car for the first time.
Quote from duke_toaster :It's a shame they're made for driving on the wrong side of the road

That's how it feels being left-handed, except with almost EVERYTHING. Well, that's a bit of an exageration, but when there's a choice, it's usually made for the right-handed majority....
You get used to it being on the right, I never really gave it a 2nd thought after the first 10 mins of usage. These days I use it just for handbrake, but still as a shifter in GT4.
I think it's more natural for it to be on the right-hand side, I'm right-handed though so it may be different for left-handed people.
Quote from Leifde :I think it's more natural for it to be on the right-hand side, I'm right-handed though so it may be different for left-handed people.

Honestly it makes no differnce to me, I'm Left handed and used to have a wheel with a shifter on the right (Only have paddles now) and it only took a short while to get used to.
jus lookin at wat u fellas say, n i suppose it would be easyer getting used to it on the right.
I'm right handed and I drive in Aus (so on the left hand side) I have also driven left hand drive cars with the shifter on the right. I must say I find it easier with the shifter on the left because while changing gears I can keep my dominant hand on the steering wheel thus having more control over the car.

My $0.02
I drive both left and right hand drive. I drive left hand drive in US and right hand drive in Hong Kong. To be Honest, it's the same when you are talking about which side is better. The main point is if you get used to that side. For me now both sides are fine for real cars. However, I haven't been driving the right hand drive car in games which means the shift is on the left side. So I can't say for sure about the dominant hand.

Right Hand drive DFP
(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG