The online racing simulator
#1 - herki
Steering Lag with Logitech Formula Force GP
Now here's one for you:
At my mother's PC (Athlon XP, 1400MHz, WinXP SP2) I connected my old Logitech FF GP, which worked fine with my PC, and now I have a significant steering lag (turning wheel - ~0.1sec delay - turning ingame).
The minimum sleep setting is 1ms and analogue steer-smoothening of turned off. I'm pretty confused, because it worked fine with the Logitech Formula GP (the one w/o Force Feedback).

So... any ideas ?
i doubt this is your problem, but in ctrl alt del, are you running LFS at a higher priority rating? if so, then that would be the problem
#3 - herki
No, sadly that's not the problem (i had that one in RBR once)
But this particular problem is a pretty sucky one, because you have to predict when you will start sliding a whole lot earlier, so catching a slide gets nearly impossible
#4 - X-Ter
Have you got realplayer installed? I got this and found out that if I turned of any and all background tasks put there by realplayer, it went away. sounds silly, I know, but it helped for me.
#5 - herki
No RealPlayer isn't on my PC since I found the RealAlternative Codec .
I just noticed, the steering lag is most noticable in multiplayer. Maybe it has something to do with dialup-connection and the poor performance of the PC? I just hope to get my DSL-hardware, so I can play on my very own PC, then I won't have this problem anymore
Is analogue steer smooth on? Try setting the slider to 0
#7 - herki
Quote from herki :Now here's one for you:
At my mother's PC (Athlon XP, 1400MHz, WinXP SP2) I connected my old Logitech FF GP, which worked fine with my PC, and now I have a significant steering lag (turning wheel - ~0.1sec delay - turning ingame).
The minimum sleep setting is 1ms and analogue steer-smoothening turned off. I'm pretty confused, because it worked fine with the Logitech Formula GP (the one w/o Force Feedback).

So... any ideas ?

i don't think so, that was my first idea

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG