The online racing simulator
Force Feedback Question
(9 posts, started )
Force Feedback Question
Does anyone know how well FF works when you have the wheel on your lap?

I'm thinking of getting the Saitek R440, but since I don't have my computer on a desk I'm not sure how well the FF is likely to work.

Anyone able to help me out?
lol the base of the wheel is gonna twirl around if thats what you mean
That's what I was wondering about

But any idea if there's a way to sit the base between my legs without restricting the wheel's rotation?

I'd really like FF but there's not much point if I can't steer with it
not.. easily, i guess what you can do though, is if you have like a 2x4 or some other sized board, and lay it across your legs and attach it with that, and somehow tie the board down so the wheel wont take the board with it and slap you in the face lol, but anchoring it would be easy, could probably do that with some string
Not a bad idea, that. I'm not sure about attaching it to a piece of wood, but I could probably use an old belt to effectively strap it to my legs. That might just work
that works, might feel kinda .. strange lol, but that might work

the thing is though, is how low it will be if you do that

do you not have like a fold up table or anything? just a cheap foldup table to put your computer would work just fine on; doesnt take a desk
have any friends that are will to give up or .. go dumpster diving lol
There's not really much space in this room for any kind of table thing (my girlfriend and I have our PCs in the living room ) so other than moving my computer and taking up the entire dining table I don't think I'm gonna be able to attach it that way :/

But I think I could manage with it strapped to my legs. Might take a bit of getting used to, but since I'm currently a keyboard user and grew up with analogue controllers, it's gonna be strange anyway
#8 - Munza
or u could kick ur gf's puter out :P
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from Munza :or u could kick ur gf's puter out :P

I'm sure that'd be great for the relationship

I found a review of both the R220 and the 440 HERE which makes it sound like it can be used laptop, but I thought that was just for the 220.

I think the bottom line is I'm gonna have to get it and see what happens. Like I said before, if the FF makes it completely impossible to use this way, then I'll have to switch it off, but if I can find a way or working it then yay!

Thanks for the help all

Force Feedback Question
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG