The online racing simulator
More unlock to Demo
(51 posts, started )
More unlock to Demo
I think the demo racers need more unlock to DEMO version....(1 car or track or both)
anyone got a fire extinguisher ?
Quote from tinvek :anyone got a fire extinguisher ?

I have
#4 - garph
That's the idea of a demo, it makes you want more so you go and buy the game....or say you want more for free....like you did.....just there.
I think he means the demo should have less content then what it already does. I could be wrong.
ironic that he's still s1 rather than s2
the way he says it makes it sound like they need more with the
need more unlock
.. i think he wants more
i think he wants the demo people to get another car and another track

i.. say no (obviously lol)
there should be slightly more diversity in the cars, thats all im going to say, the cars right now are a bit too similar
this is what i think the demo should have
XFGTi, XRGTT, and some gokart type car (or formula ford type car is what i want lol)
#8 - herki
nah... I think, that's exactly his problem... as a S1 user, you're not able to get any benefits from it online because there aren't any S1 servers... So I kinda understand his point (even if I don't like it)
I think the demo is fine as it is right now. No need to change it. If it isn´t broken, don't fix it. Also there are a lot of similar threads. Is there really a need for another one?
You can't buy S1 licenses anymore, so illepall .
#11 - Jakg
Quote from KENWOOD :I think the demo racers need more unlock to DEMO version....(1 car or track or both)

its already got more than most demos!
Quote from Lible :You can't buy S1 licenses anymore, so illepall .

sure you can, you just pay 12 pounds instead of 24
but it's senseless. rather pay another 12 pounds to get S2...
true, but if you dont have the money ... thats obviously a problem lol
Not one of these threads................again!

I don't think the devs have any intentions of changing anything. If there was anything wrong with the current content im sure they would have noticed and changed it by now.
it would be better, if there would be the S1, because not sure that anyone have 24 pounds in one time (look at me)
well, for posting to the thread: there were other threads about it, and everys end had been to "do not change anything in the demo". why should we discuss it for the 124235425153461st time?
because majority of demo people ask for more stuff

this is the first time its suggested by someone with a form of license
does the demo need to be improved to attract people to the full game?

well all the licenced users here bought it so i'd suggest the dem cont be that bad !
well.. imo this is where the problem comes in

LFS is a simulation (best at that.. especially compared to the titles that use the word simulation) which, that automatically detracts a TON of people because they all want games that they can win with really fast cars like.. GT4; so there goes that group

now we have the diehards that do like "simulation" games that get here and are like.. wow this is almost real.. blah blah etc they love it, and they automatically buy it
then you get the other group of people that want it, but just cant afford it for probably more personal or location wise reasons

if i could remember why i buyed S1 when i did, i would say why, but i cant really remember lol, all i know is that i played demo for about 2 weeks and after that i decided to tell my dad about it and payed him for it and bought it online

the problem though for demos, is that its hard to really show people what type of game it is or whats great about it and so on, unfortunately, LFS has probably the most undiverse car wise demos out there (track wise its perfect with a concrete track and autocross and rallycross)
but if you go out and download any other demo out there (well.. usually) you will find it also has 3 or 4 cars, each at a different stage, a slow car, a medium car, and a fast car; lfs kinda has.. 2 slow and 1.. semislow car

so car wise, LFS demo isn't very attractive in all sense
because as of right now, there is no reason the demo should have the XRGT with the GTi, thats just 2 cars that are virtually the same, thats why i say we kick the XRGT and replace it with some type of open wheeler kart formula type.. thing
No, because if they had the 3rd/4st fastest car it wouldnt mean they would want to buy the full version anyway. It doesnt matter if the cars are slow, they are, LFS is hard gae to learn. Demoer who can see that its very near to realism and appreciates it WILL buy a license. I couln't care less about people who can't afford it, so what? I would like a 1000€ video editing program, but unfortunately I don't have the money so I can't have it.

Maybe there should more addverting in the demo about the full content, or trailers available in the homepage....Maybe there will be when we hit the full S2.
not.. something fast, just an open wheeler

thats why i suggest formula fords and gokarts because they are slow openwheelers

that would just help with the whole diversity..ness of LFS, rather than have 2 cars of same class and a turbo class car.. thats just kinda awkward
I don't want them having too much fun without paying a wooden penny! I think thats what most of the people really think, they just don't dare to say it out loud. There is lots of people who play the demo allmost 24/7 and have done it for a long time. Maybe because the online payment which can be problem for some people. And maybe, just maybe, there could be a faster car with slicks, but here comes the hook, it should be available only in offline mode
well, the demo is attractive right now.

as i said before, it is too expensive in one piece, and thats why should be the S1 licences be sold. the online paying can cause problems, of course, but if we ask the devs that where we can send the money in enveloop... they might think that we want to rob them out
You can buy S1 still... you can even buy S2 in two parts if you can't afford the price tag stright up, buy S1, then S2. But how is £24 a lot? Most games start at ~£30, £24 is a very attractive price for a sim you spend the rest of your life playing.

More unlock to Demo
(51 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG