The online racing simulator
GT2 Challenge 2020: Round 3 Race Discussion
Round 3, 45 laps of Aston North.

We have Pre-Qualifying again for this meeting, usual procedure.

Aston North hasn't got much love with NDR events in the last years, Pete suggested this combo for this. Do tell your thoughts!
Quote from dekojester :The Stewards, having received a report from the race director, will investigate the following after the race:

Race Lap 35, 1:09:30
Cars 33, 43
Turn 2
Contact between Cars 33 and 43 at Turn 2.

I did not expect 43 to move all the way to the outside, I though he would leave some space for my car there. On top of that, he slammed on brakes the very moment he appeared in front of my car - I had no time to react.
Quote from MicroSpecV :

Race; Servers: Main
Lap : 30
MPR : 1:41:55.21
Car(s) involved : 19 (P.Wdowiarz), 88 (S.Lee)
Location of Incident : Turn 3
Brief Description of Incident : Avoidable Contact -
Car 19 dive bombs into the hairpin, making contact with Car 88. Car's width was given but attacking vehicle failed to arrest speed to the apex.

ftfy.

Wasn't my intention to get into your car and pass you not looking on consequences so... I checked the replay and I can see little lag involved there too.
Quote from dekojester :Race Lap 44, 1:26:20
Cars 46, 29, 88
GP Straight
Contact on the GP straight involving multiple cars.

For me at least is an race accident. No one is at fault and personally I just think it was bad luck.
Don't know if Lee agrees with me.

PS: I watched the replay and in no way I turned against Lee.
Quote from MicroSpecV :Race; Servers: Main
2) What the hell was that Joe, why the need to weave like a dick on the straight just because I've been defending my position and making you frustrated? Low level move, you were so close to being wiped out from your idiocy, and wiping me out of my 7th place - didn't expect blocking like that from a top driver like you. Should've dumped you when I had the chance.

Very mature of you. I mean there is a few reasons for hard defending (nothing wrong with it either as I’ll go on to explain, you want to race like that with me I’ll return the favour)

You’re defending for your life whilst in 7th place with a faster car behind, most of the ‘top drivers’ as you’ve named myself (thank you btw) would think ‘I’ll let him past and follow him to lose minimal time’ baring in mind you had a pit stop still to do.

If you didn’t defend in the same manor as I did 2 laps prior I would have let it slide. Even without my last minute Verstappen-esk defending you still wouldn’t have got past but I now hope you can see how frustrating it is when people weave in front of you like you did to me 2 laps before.

Not really sure what you think will get done here as it was only hard racing and if I receive a penalty you will also get one yourself for the exact same thing. You had a good race but cost yourself a fair few seconds by defending a position you was never in.

Ps; dumped me when you had the chance? It’s racing mate and you wanted it to be rough over 7th place. Don’t be mad you get the same done to you and cry about it. Maybe if you follow and learn from the ‘top guys’ you won’t get so upset in future.
Quote from Thespeed10 :For me at least is an race accident. No one is at fault and personally I just think it was bad luck.
Don't know if Lee agrees with me.

PS: I watched the replay and in no way I turned against Lee.

From my angle it looked like it but after rewatching I guess it was just some suckish netcode and input lag, yeah.
Quote from kart-36 :Snip.

Sorry, what? My defending was as bad as yours 2 laps prior? Please, show me. I had to sit through the replay and I didn't see myself blocking you nor weaving as excessive as you did. Perhaps if you wern't pissed by others a few laps earlier you'd be calmer when racing with me, but then again I expected a hard fight and I give hard fights to everyone I see. Bare in mind my original no-stop strategy before you comment on the purpose of my driving. I was entitled to defend the position to the line as does anyone who is on the closing stint of a race.

In no way did I block you or did dirty driving - on the lap prior (or 2 laps prior) you did a fantastic dummy move and sent it up the inside and we had a good battle worthy of the commentary - was there a problem with me only leaving you one cars width into turn 2? You shouldn't expect everyone to bow out of the way, unless you have been so accustomed to be in a leading position that you haven't developed the racecraft to understand that my defending was just fine.

Again, I don't think I need to leave you a house's worth of space on the inside into T2, but I still left you some anyway and you didn't take it either. I don't know what you are on about - perhaps recollection of the earlier incidents into Turn 3 divebombing and shoving with the other FZR could help you remember. Or perhaps the rejoin onto the racing line weeks ago back at Westhill.

I think I'm done arguing here.

/edit

Even if I do sometimes weave (only like twice today actually) gently to break the tow or their run when the car is far enough behind, barely in the draft - I'm not that daft to weave and block when the nose is virtually already alongside and the car behind is already trying to pass - you caused the contact and I had to back out in order not to spin you; in hindsight, seeing your reaction now I should've done exactly that.
Quote from MicroSpecV :snip

I have no interest in making this a dick swinging contest.

I have not mentioned anything about your defending into turn 2, nor did I mention anything about needing a mile wide gap. Nor did I mention anything about 2 weeks ago at Westhill?

Don’t no what would have pissed me off earlier in the race other than my shocking qualifying which put me in a position where I have to deal with traffic... I haven’t complained about your defending just that if you want to move about etc then I’ll do the same. Seems like you’re making a big deal out of a very minor situation. Not sure what happened in your race that you ended up a lap down but trying to take it out on me won’t fix it buddy. Anyway, next time please feel free to do as please and spin/send me into oblivion/ buy me a beer etc...

We will leave it for the officials to sort out but to be quite frank you’ve gone about this the whole wrong way and saying on 2 posts that you should have wiped me out probably doesn’t look the best, but hey-Ho what do I know!

Cya at the next round!

Edit: It’s a good job you did back out of the move that was never going to happen otherwise you may have had 2 wheels on the grass!! Thankfully you’re a better driver than me, and like you say, have built up much more racecraft than myself. Thanks bud.
Quote from MicroSpecV :From my angle it looked like it but after rewatching I guess it was just some suckish netcode and input lag, yeah.

I agree...
Quote from kart-36 :

I'm mainly annoyed that you tried to justify and relate your blocking by accusing my driving of being unnecessary; what do you know to judge?

"You’re defending for your life whilst in 7th place with a faster car behind(...)", "If you didn’t defend in the same manor as I did 2 laps prior I would have let it slide.". "(...) just that if you want to move about etc then I’ll do the same."

That put me off because no where did I do "defending in the same manner" as you. And then now you're trying to change the topic and make me look stupid for bringing up something you apparently didn't.

Snippet of the blocking (baring in mind you already weaved right in front of my nose twice prior,)
https://clips.twitch.tv/CloudyHomelyHorseJKanStyle
I don't know. What does everyone else think? Lol

And I find it funny you need to actually attempt to defend yourself with "good job you did back out of the move that was never going to happen(...)". You okay mate? I was getting a slingshot out of Turn 12 and you started blocking. Do I need to remind you to only move once? Maybe if you did only move once then the move I planned into T13 would have happened. But we know how that all went.

I was just expecting a casual sorry for what was a really dumb move I would have let it slide by now. The fact that you made contact out of T11 (which in itself already gave me a shock because you had so much space inside) and then proceeded to block the hell out of me was just very irritating, plus the fact you haven't admitted your wrongdoing.

Perhaps it was because I was trying to both defend as well as not make a repeat of Westhill where I ended up back in 16th (not that it mattered, yes, I flat spotted the rear tires after spinning out on Piropo's out of control car, that's why I didn't make the no-stop work).

Whatever, let's just move on. Not that anyone likes a mid pack driver who defends hard and fair anyway.
And yes, thanks for the battle while it lasted, I enjoyed it a lot actually
https://clips.twitch.tv/BigCovertStarPicoMause
The ‘good job you did back out...’ is sarcasm. I actually didn’t realise that your nose was there and we barely even touched. The move definitely wouldn’t have happened would it, you’re gonna go round the outside of me into a practically flat out corner? I think not. Anyway, like I’ve said let the officials decide.
Quote from kart-36 :The ‘good job you did back out...’ is sarcasm. I actually didn’t realise that your nose was there and we barely even touched. The move definitely wouldn’t have happened would it, you’re gonna go round the outside of me into a practically flat out corner? I think not. Anyway, like I’ve said let the officials decide.

https://clips.twitch.tv/SmallSoftOryxRuleFive
Erm... I did just that earlier in the race...
And going off how you describe your situational awareness, you're trying to justify yourself that if an attacking car's nose is not alongside you're permitted to weave about like a drunk? Oh please lol
Like I’ve said multiple times, I moved across to defend from you have already been on the right hand some I came across to take my racing line as you have 10cm on me doesn’t warrant me giving you space. Again, let the officials decide mate. I no you’re a far superior driver to me with much more race craft and racing intellect so I hope it works out for you.
Cya next round.
Quote from kart-36 :Like I’ve said multiple times, I moved across to defend from you have already been on the right hand some I came across to take my racing line as you have 10cm on me doesn’t warrant me giving you space. Again, let the officials decide mate. I no you’re a far superior driver to me with much more race craft and racing intellect so I hope it works out for you.
Cya next round.

Appreciate the sarcasm, and no, you moved 3 times, to the right, left, then left again.

Akin to your liking to move on from this conversation, I'll see you next round.
Unfortunately it seems likely I will miss the last round of the season (as I will be racing in the official Le Mans 24hr Race on rFactor 2 on that day). It's a shame because I've been really enjoying the series and would have liked to finish the championship, but obviously this is a once in a lifetime opportunity.

I would like to thank all the guys who made this series possible, drivers and the organisers/commentary team. I was a bit sceptical about the format but I've been proved wrong. 3 races in and 3 awesome races. Have to admit I've been a bit lucky to have managed to win all 3 of them.

Even with minimal updates LFS is still a lot of fun, which wouldn't be possible without the community. The broadcasts especially are really good to watch IMO.

I will definitely watch the last round where I can Smile
Quote from IsaacPrice :Unfortunately it seems likely I will miss the last round of the season (as I will be racing in the official Le Mans 24hr Race on rFactor 2 on that day). It's a shame because I've been really enjoying the series and would have liked to finish the championship, but obviously this is a once in a lifetime opportunity.

I would like to thank all the guys who made this series possible, drivers and the organisers/commentary team. I was a bit sceptical about the format but I've been proved wrong. 3 races in and 3 awesome races. Have to admit I've been a bit lucky to have managed to win all 3 of them.

Even with minimal updates LFS is still a lot of fun, which wouldn't be possible without the community. The broadcasts especially are really good to watch IMO.

Good luck on the 24hrs! Thumbs up
Quote from IsaacPrice :Unfortunately it seems likely I will miss the last round of the season (as I will be racing in the official Le Mans 24hr Race on rFactor 2 on that day). It's a shame because I've been really enjoying the series and would have liked to finish the championship, but obviously this is a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Best of luck, go win it Big grin

Good luck mate
thanks guys! I appreciate it Smile
Nice words Isaac, good luck in the 24hr!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG