The online racing simulator
GT2 Challenge 2020: Round 1 Protests and Penalties
Please provide the following in your protest:

Session AND SERVER of Incident (Official Sessions for Round 1: Free Practice, Qualifying, Race; Servers: Main
Lap AND MPR timecode of incident (or session time or UTC Time of Day)
Car(s) involved
Location of Incident
Brief Description of Incident

Protests are due by 14:05 UTC on Sunday, 26 April 2020

Track Map

Penalty Log
Free Practice

Qualifying

Race
Car 44 - Drive-Through Penalty - Chat
Car 36 - Caution - Causing an avoidable incident with Car 59 on Lap 33
Car 44 - Drive-Through Penalty - Crossing the pit exit blend line
Car 02 - Drive Through - Speeding In Pit Lane
Car 17 - Warning - Unsafe rejoin (Lap 56)
Car 25 - 5 Point Penalty - Spectating without permission
Car 29 - 5 Point Penalty - Spectating without permission
Car 44 - 5 Point Penalty - Spectating without permission
Car 86 - 5 Point Penalty - Spectating without permission
Car 44 - Drive-Through Penalty - Chat
Car 36 - Caution - Causing an avoidable incident with Car 59 on Lap 33
Car 44 - Drive-Through Penalty - Crossing the pit exit blend line
Car 02 - Drive Through - Speeding In Pit Lane
Car 17 - Warning - Unsafe rejoin (Lap 56)
Session AND SERVER of Incident: Race
Lap AND MPR timecode of incident: L1 / 3:00
Car(s) involved: 10, 47
Location of Incident: back straight
Brief Description of Incident: car no. 10 drives in the middle of the back straight, I (car no. 47) attempt to pass on the right side, car 10 then keeps squeezing me to the edge of the track until collision occurs and lag sends me into the wall.
My car was already 2/3 beyond the white edge line at the moment of contact...
Protests window has elapsed.
Quote from michal 1279 :Session AND SERVER of Incident: Race
Lap AND MPR timecode of incident: L1 / 3:00
Car(s) involved: 10, 47
Location of Incident: back straight
Brief Description of Incident: car no. 10 drives in the middle of the back straight, I (car no. 47) attempt to pass on the right side, car 10 then keeps squeezing me to the edge of the track until collision occurs and lag sends me into the wall.
My car was already 2/3 beyond the white edge line at the moment of contact...

This was reviewed in race.
NFA - Racing Incident
Saturday evening, Race Administration received reports of possible button clutch use. This is being investigated. The official results are being held temporarily while this investigation is carried out.
Quote from dekojester :Saturday evening, Race Administration received reports of possible button clutch use. This is being investigated. The official results are being held temporarily while this investigation is carried out.

After review, as well as consultation with the suspected drivers, the stewards of the meeting have elected to not penalize any instance related to button clutch use in Round 1. The drivers informed us of their settings, and the available evidence concurred. We thank them for their cooperation in our investigation.

During the course of the investigation, it was observed that a prior version of the Sporting Code had an explicit mention of button clutch, which was removed in the active version since February 2012. The decision has been taken to add this language back in prior to the next round. The rule will be implemented that all drivers are to use either auto clutch or axis clutch. The Sporting Code is undergoing some additional work at the moment, so the updates will still be a couple days away.
This thread is closed

GT2 Challenge 2020: Round 1 Protests and Penalties
(9 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG