The online racing simulator
New Hotlap ranks
(6 posts, started )
New Hotlap ranks
Hello!

I've started doing hotlaps and i realized that only a few people use this great feature. There are tracks which only have 6-7 uploaded times and i am thinking about how could we encourage players to use this more often.

One idea is that there is only MHR, Nutter and Most WR ranks which are displayed next to the names. Maybe add new Top 3 ranks by: car,track,country.

Maybe this would motivate more players to challenge each other not just online races but offline hotlaps.
What do you think?

EDIT: The thousands of seconds are not registered (0.00x), since there are lots of matching times, it would be great to improve the precision.
another hotlap lover i see! i agree with you, hotlapping is underrated lol, people really prefer doing pb times online on servers that come and go, hotlap is forever (or almost, since there are wr from 2010 and such)
Thousands are not registered because the physics is at 100Hz.
In a next release, we can guess that as Scawen is trying to implement a system with the new tire physics to compute it at 1000Hz => ms on the way Wink
My biggest issue with hotlaps is that they do not count towards any LFSW statistic. Drive 100 laps in HL mode, but it will be 0km driven today next to your name.

For me as a statistics junkie that is very discouraging.
Quote from michal 1279 :For me as a statistics junkie that is very discouraging.

Still what people do offline should be none of anyone's business.

Anyway on topic - besides suggestion,I would like to see some kind of stepwise implementation of mods to hotlapping. Mods should be possible to be marked as "finished" and not possible to be updated anymore (at least physicswise) and then in community we could have some voting which mod of the finished list (requiring also approved status) should make into official hotlapping charts. To not overrush this - make such voting once per month or something like that.
Quote from Eclipsed :Still what people do offline should be none of anyone's business.

Anyway on topic - besides suggestion,I would like to see some kind of stepwise implementation of mods to hotlapping. Mods should be possible to be marked as "finished" and not possible to be updated anymore (at least physicswise) and then in community we could have some voting which mod of the finished list (requiring also approved status) should make into official hotlapping charts. To not overrush this - make such voting once per month or something like that.

thats a good idea, maybe just approved ones that make sense for racing tho, cause communnity could accept buses

New Hotlap ranks
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG