The online racing simulator
Wrongful hi-res skin charge?
(4 posts, started )
Hello,

so during the last night I received an email from LFS Tech, stating that I have been charged for ability to download skins in high resolution.

The thing is, I never enabled this function in LFS in first place. And certainly not during last days. So it was quite a surprise for me to receive this message.

Now I am not asking for refund or anything (let that 1 GBP be an unscheduled support to LFS devs), but I would like to find out, how or why did this actually happen. Can anyone help? @Scawen?

The text of the email is following:

Dear michal 1279,

This email is sent to notify you that 2000 high resolution skin downloads have just been assigned to your LFS account, because you have used the high resolution skin downloads feature of LFS.
For this, one pound has been deducted from your LFS account balance. Your remaining balance is now 2.00 GBP.

For a complete overview of all your LFS payments and expenses, you can visit your account status page at http://www.lfs.net/?page=viewstatus

We hope to have informed you sufficiently,

LFS Team
Hi, the setting is in
Options > Misc > Car skin download > 1024.

You get an information screen when you select 1024 (warning that there will be a charge on the LFS credit). The minimum allowed credit to add is GPB 3.

However, unless you play multiplayer quite a lot, 2000 skins will take quite a lot of time (in terms of days, weeks, months of racing).

Therefore it is possible that you enabled the feature via your settings quite some time ago...

Your Account page might show some info, although it might not be that descriptive if you've had a lot of account activity (purchases etc.)...

Edit: I do wonder; since your account balance is GBP 2 now, is it possible that you added 3 pounds a while back to use this feature and have since forgotten about it?
Of course I know which setting it is in and I never did set it to 1024, in fact I was even avoiding it all the time to avoid being charged for feature I don't intend to use. That's why I'm so suprised I got charged for it when I certainly didn't activate it.

To the edit question:
I won 3 GBP voucher some time ago in an event, planned to use these for extra skin slots, but definitely not for hi-res skin download. That's why I had a positive balance.
Okay, that's odd. Hope you find a reasonable explanation...

(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG