The online racing simulator
Smarter AI.
(4 posts, started )
Smarter AI.
hi all. I came back to LFS about a week ago. Iv been really enjoying it, but the ai are awfully. I was using the f1 cars at Blackwood, and on the first lap on the first corner, there were huge pile ups, and after lap one they were just ramming me off the track commingled into T1. Along with other things.
Hello John,

I 'm agree! As a begginner, i have to learn with IA before multiplayer sessions but after a few laps with IA, i'm 2 sec faster than any Pro IA whatever car. Plus their racing line is always the same and sometimes IA is too agressive when overtaking and sometimes too slow.

It needs some adjustments.

Scawen works on it as he works on the the new tyre physics? He said IA will improve. Go to "Vr update U9 fix thread"
#3 - gu3st
The AIs do calculate fuel and do pit if they need fuel.

The AIs also haven't learned on their own for over 10 years when Scawen overhauled the AI waaaay back. The initial release of AI learned but was dreadfully slow.
The worst thing I find about the AI after the initial T1 problems is they like to hit the brakes when you or another AI are up the inside of them on the exit of turns and that they severely swerve when trying to pass slower cars which often leads to them spinning and causing big crashes Big grin

I just signed up recently again to buy S2 as wanted to try it with newer wheel / pedals and trackir which it works great with as I used to play LFS when it was new with joystick, still such a great game/sim to drive and glad to see it's still being updated. Really hope the DX11 and day/night transitions come out in the next year or so as LFS really deserves it with all the attention racing titles have been getting lately Smile

Smarter AI.
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG