The online racing simulator
Good ideas?
(7 posts, started )
Good ideas?
After playing a bit I got some ideas.
Idea #1: Saftly car. This would bring many possibilities. It is preferable to be driven by a staff member, or by an admin in LFSW Remote mode. It can direct races pretty well.
Idea #2: No overtaking in the yellows. I don't know why it wasn't like this from the start. Like, if there's a car on track that crashed, then don't put another one in the gravel.
Idea #3: Shorter penalties. In real life, you don't get a 30-second drive-through penalty because you jumped. Also, no spectating when you cut a corner. It should be a 5-second penalty. If it's a big cut, then get a 10-second penalty out.
Idea #4: Wet conditions. Self-explanatory.
Last idea: Put in another track for the S3 boys.
Idea #1 is already practiced in league racing. See TRR's Endurance Pros races - https://www.lfs.net/forum/468-TRR--Endurance-Pros-
Idea #2 should be monitored by league admins.
Idea #3 a drive through penalty is still a rather usual penalty for jump starts in reallife racing. Cutting should be monitored by league staff as well.

The thing with those three ideas is that they need man power on the one hand and are difficult to implement just on the base of pure coding logic. Also different people have different opinions about for example what is a small cut and what is a big cut. That's why they are usually league racing/competition exclusives.

Idea #4 & #5 have been suggested multiple times already. Wink
Thanks for the answer! Also congrats on getting to 6000 posts!
I just want to add: #4 and #5 don't just happen, like apples grow on trees.
Adding wet conditions and new tracks isn't just a push of a button or 2 lines of code. While I'm not a developer myself, I can imagine wet conditions require a LOT of coding, also, creating and designing tracks takes a lot of time and creativity. I'm sure devs want to add these down the road.
I know. But, Flash will be unsupported by December. When are we getting a Forum and LFSw UI update?
Quote from racer1012 :I know. But, Flash will be unsupported by December. When are we getting a Forum and LFSw UI update?

I'm pretty sure neither of them are using flash, as far as I could tell the LFSW is using Javascript.
Applications in LFSW like Remote and Hotlap comparison are using it. Also, the forum could absolutely use a reworked UI.

Good ideas?
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG