The online racing simulator
Extra wide monitor.
(30 posts, started )
That. Is. Dope.

I recently upgraded to the GT Omega PRO cockpit. I run a rift but you can probably see why I want to get on the Ultra-wide bandwagon (images attached).
Attached images
IMG_20191214_022558.jpg
IMG_20191214_022616.jpg
Indeed it would make a drastic change for the games where you don't want to use the Rift Smile
Quote from Scawen :If the width is 3x the height (or more) it assumes you are using a three screen setup (EDIT: and in that case confines the interface to the centre screen).

I think that is now outdated but I think it might work if it was changed to 4x instead of 3x.

Then it would still detect 3 screen setup if you connected 3 monitors with a 4:3 aspect ratio (12:3 overall -> assume 3 screens). But in the case of your setup it would not assume 3 screens and would display a 16:9 interface.

Quote from nacim :Hello Scawen,
Thanks for the insight. If you could add this to a test patch I would gladly try it.

I've tried that small change in a test patch now.
It also includes an experimental VR test so it's not the 'official' test patch yet, but you can find it here:
https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1954788#post1954788
Quote from Scawen :I've tried that small change in a test patch now.
It also includes an experimental VR test so it's not the 'official' test patch yet, but you can find it here:
https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1954788#post1954788

Hello Scawen, thanks for the heads up. Sadly I won't be able to try it as the 32:9 screen is at my workplace and I work from home due to the current situation.
Hello,

I'm bumping up this topic as I took some time to try out the U12 patch today, with its improved detection for 32:9 screens, the result are in the attachements. LFS properly detects the screen as a single one and sets the menu in 16:9 as expected. Smile

I'm a bit frustrated that the HUD is clamped in 16:9 though. @Scawen could it be possible to add an option to change the aspect ratio of the HUD from 16:9 to 21:9 to "unclamped" (so 32:9 or other) ? A bit like in VR mode. Thumbs up
It'll help the immersion having the HUD closer to the edges of the screen for me (21:9 mode, not 32:9 as I would need to turn my head to see it otherwise)

Thanks Smile
Attached images
LFS_superultrawide_1.png
LFS_superultrawide_2.png

Extra wide monitor.
(30 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG