The online racing simulator
AWS 2020 - Round 1
All-wheel-drive Winter Series 2020
Round 1

Sunday,5th January
19:00 UTC / 20:00 CET / 21:00 EET

For the 9th year the AWS offers this challenge with the LFS's all-wheel-drive cars and for the 9th year one of the rounds are at South City in the 1st sunday of the year - this is the NewYear City Challenge. This round originally was wished to be held in night conditions,this year it's still not the case,but there is a chance for next year. After running many configurations repeatedly during the previous 8 years,this year the short and sprinty Sprint 1 configuration will be used for the very first time in AWS. Just for the sake of safe garage area and pitlane close to track the round will be run in custom configuration - the actual course is unchanged,allthough the timing sectors and grid location are different. The course features just 5 turns and few curves,rest are just flat out sections in different lengths - still it is difficult to describe this course as boring and with good competition it might be very challenging.

Current signups list is not big and missing all 8 previous champions at this point - that might change,but if no previous champions sign up,it is the chance to all others to put themselves onto this historical list! With 5 rounds in the season,1st round will not decide anything,but it will be a good first step towards greater results!

Round info:
Track: South City Sprint 1 (SO2/SO1Y)
Laps: 54 (111km)
Car: FXR
Previous winners : LLM.V Laguckas (2019 & 2017 / FXR), B2マ FasT (2018 / RB4), A.Valta (2016 / RB4), CoRe A.Laipnieks (2015 / FXR), 22 S.Jurvansuu (2014 / FXR), CoRe V.Pitkänen (2013 / FXR), spdoFade (2012 / FXR)

Server info and password will be PM'ed during saturday (european time) to all entrants,until then server remains publically accessible:
AWD Winter Series
Attached images
NewYear City Challenge.png
Server is now passworded and password has been sent to all entrants via PM.

If someone hasn't received it due some mistake,please give a notification!

Signups are still open and new entries will receive PM at some point during sunday.
Unofficial results
Qualifying:

Race:

If you want to make a protest,please include all neccesary information.
Template:
Quote :Session:
Lap/MPR time:
Involved drivers:
Description of incident:

Deadline for protests - monday,20:00 UTC
Attached images
q.png
r.png
Attached files
AWS2020-R1Q.mpr - 4.1 MB - 200 views
AWS2020-R1R.mpr - 9 MB - 272 views
Official results

All-wheel-drive Winter Series spreadsheets

(browse for various championships and single round results)

The 9th season of the series has started with action filled racing in the streets of South City. The 2018 VERL champion Botsi decided to try something different and joined AWS action this year - and also here kept his winning habbits by leading the whole race which he started from Pole position. With addition of fastest lap of the race,Botsi left South City with all possible 17 points in series standings. Dzidoris is a previous winner of 3 smaller awards in AWS,so he's well seasoned in this leagues action,that might be one of the reasons how he managed to gain 6 positions during the race and finish 2nd. His teammate Mandula gained "just" 2 positions and finished 3rd in his first ever AWS race.

There is no difference in order between 1st round results and overall standings,only points gap variates - Botsi has a 4 point advantage over closest rival Dzidoris,Mandula is another 2 points behind. Still no previous overall champion has signed up for this season,it is very likely that AWS will have the 9th different champion after the end of this season.

At least there are some differences for teams championship standings - the winner's single driver team S1dus is just 2nd behind team of both other podium finishers Race Green Autosports,the gap currently is 7 points. Another 7 points behind are 2 teams - Team America and Nordic Racing Group. Also in nations standings the points are spread out differently - Finland leads by 3 points over Hungary,defending champions Lithuania is 3rd with 10 points gap to leaders.

Instead of the typical break between RGE leagues rounds of 2 weeks,the break is 3 weeks between rounds 1 and 2 - after this bigger break AWS will return to action with slippery conditions of Westhill's dirt area,where a 600 meter oval is layed out. The Dusty 100 made it's AWS debuth last year and proved to be an interesting challenge - the wide course and multiple possible lines makes the racing a bit more intense than in standard tracks.
Attached images
AWSpodium.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
Great race! I remember my poor front-right tyre just barely made the race! Big grin

Quote from Eclipsed :His teammate Mandula gained "just" 2 positions and finished 3rd in his first ever AWS race.

Heyy, it wasn't my first AWS race! I attended almost all rounds of season 2015 (5 of 6). Frown
Quote from MandulAA :Heyy, it wasn't my first AWS race! I attended almost all rounds of season 2015 (5 of 6). Frown

How I missed that? Looking Well,never trust own memory,just check written history... Schwitz
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG