The online racing simulator
Fanatec CSL Elite v1.1 Please help to get it to work.
Hi,

I am trying to get back in to LFS, I have a Fanatec CSL Elite v1.1 with dirvers v352 (latest beta).

It is showing up but none of the axis or buttons are working.

In the top right every time I select the wheel I get "CreatedEffect failed (1 axis), Could not set up FF steer device"

Any help would be really appreciated.

I used to have the G25 which worked well.

Thank you.
Frown looks like there is no answer to my problem. Really sorry to see LFS go. It's what got me in to sim racing.
#3 - Racon
Have you tried the latest non-beta drivers?

Does it work with other programs?
#4 - jkat
Recommended driver from Fanatec web site is v336_beta.

https://fanatec.com/eu-en/racing-wheels-wheel-bases/wheel-bases/csl-elite-wheel-base-v1.1#downloads

Mayb try that after trying with some other program than lfs like Jamie said above.

I have an older Fanatec wheel for like 6 and half years already , Forza Motorsport CSR Wheel with multiple driver and even firmware updates and lfs has always detected it, also other racing simulation titles like AC, Raceroom and Dirt Rally can detect the wheel and Fanatec CSR Elite pedals which I also have.
#5 - jkat
When further exploring the fanatec support page for ur wheel there is hint to check if firmware need to be updated after driver installation from wheel properties page, have you done that ?

Just word of causion here, when firmware is updated there is limited backward compatibility towards the driver version. At least that is the case with older fanatec wheels like I have.
Thank you both, I really appreciate your support.

I will give the older drivers a go and report back Smile
** Best answer **
So after some more testing (the older firmware/drivers didn't work) it turns out that if the Pedals are connected directly to the PC via USB and not the wheelbase it all works.

Just need to dial in my setting now Smile
#8 - jkat
Never thought that would be a problem. Some years ago had problems with the usb connection from pedals to pc and needed to use serial connection option from pedals to wheel. It was actually a HW problem in the pedals and got them replaced against guarantee.

Anyway glad u figured it out and can enjoy LFS again with a wheel Thumbs up

Fanatec CSL Elite v1.1 Please help to get it to work.
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG