The online racing simulator
December Progress Report: South City
(194 posts, closed, started )
Hello Racers,

In our July progress report we talked about the realtime sky that allows day to night transitions and showed screenshots of the Kyoto track area. Since then, Eric has been working on South City and I have continued with the lighting. More roads have been opened up and you can drive into the multistorey car parks. Road surfaces, fences, barriers, objects and various buildings have been updated. There is still a way to go but we would like to show you some of the changes so far.

We hope you like the pictures and videos!

Scawen
yeah !
#3 - BIzO
Looking

Looking gooood, can't wait to finally have some night time races Big grin
Amazing Big grin especially Afternoon and night racing videos Petals
South City is looking good now. Keep up the good work.
Well then, anyone up for reenacting the multistorey car chase in Tomorrow never Dies when this gets released? Wink

Looks like there's lots still to do but it looks promising!
#7 - lfsrm
Great progress, keep up the good work!

Did you find a way to make dynamic cloud ?
ahhh my heart

objects in the middle of track? how to race now
Assumedly those objects only appear on open configurations.
Oh wow, that's a lot of stuff. South City looking really nice. That car park looks especially juicy <.<
Looks great Smile
BTW any news on tyre physics?
Just... WOW.
I am amazed.
Few questions though:

- will be there new official track configurations?
- the tram in one of the pictures - will it be a static or dynamic object? Will be there choice to have it or not in open configs?
- With the statement "The sky is updated more than twice per minute around sunset and sunrise." - will be there option to have "accelerated" day-night cycle? If so I assume update 2 or 3 times per real minute would be possibly still too low for smooth transition.
- Also I feel the car interior seems little over-illuminated by the car behind, is it intended that way, or are my expectations wrong?

Cheers and thanks for nice update about the update Smile Merry Christmas everyone!
Just telk me "you can made layouts on carpark" or "free acess south cuty X" and you will release my tokyo drift dream for ever

What a plan for the highway? Omg i will death the south update is my dream for long years playing lfs

Omg omg omg
Sugestion, maybe with those new tracks, i dont know a name of those "objects" represent ambulance, other cars stoped on circuit ect, i think this need more details too, i can made this with good quality and lowpoly if you want, just to follow the same quality of new track and looks good for photomode
Oh my f*ing god...
Now its over... I cant wait longer...

Is there also an overview map what exactly is driveable now?
Has the unfinished road next to the map been finished? I think it would be nice actually.
Quote from mbutcher :Assumedly those objects only appear on open configurations.

That would be a buzz-killer for people like me,who like to create own configurations. Especially now,when there will be many more new configs possible with more roads being drivable. To be honest,I'm already unhappy about the objects on the middle of the road near roundabouts in both Westhill and Blackwood. Shrug

Anyway - those night shots look really cool,can't wait to torture drivers in my leagues with some night racing... Big grin
But I also have to agree with Michal - those incar shots look quite overluminated,it's normally way darker inside the car even with bright lights around. Maybe car bodies/roof does not create enough shadows?
Looks sweet. The new kerbs are a nice touch.
Quote from Eclipsed :
But I also have to agree with Michal - those incar shots look quite overluminated,it's normally way darker inside the car even with bright lights around. Maybe car bodies/roof does not create enough shadows?

Indeed those parts does not cast shadows, I think Scawen is using some sort of light map instead of dynamic real-time light source! the second method is heavy on weak PC's especially with multiple visible car, so it's gonna be hard to make the cars interior look better.
Very nice! Thank you for the info and pics and merry christmas!
I can't wait!
-
U.F.O (Viperakecske) DELETED by Viperakecske
This thread is closed

(194 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG