The online racing simulator
Current cars engines : redline, types, etc ...
I did not find a dedicated thread for this by using the search function, but I am sure the subject has been mentionned regularly.
The following points are disturbing me (even if we are speaking about fictional cars) :
* FXO has a flat 4 engine (1.9L). It is a FWD with a transverse engine. Its race counterpart is using 2.0L flat 4 engine mounted longitudinally. It is an AWD/4WD, sorry to never remember what term is appropriate Wink , and so :
- using the same kind of engine for a race car comparing to the production car with a different stroke (increasing or not the displacement) is common, so why not.
- changing from transverse to longitudinal sounds not so common ... even weird ... if it was the case, why keeping the engine at the front then ? Ya right
=> my point is that it would look more natural to have the FXR with the inherited shape of the FXO, but with a totally different engine (like a V6 or V8) to match the AWD/4WD thing while the production car is a FWD.
* FXR and XRR are sharing the exact same engine characteristics ... not so nice unless they would have the 'same' engine (what is not the case). They are aswell having a redline at 7500rpm ==> these kind of 'small' turbo engine in racing are usually getting a higher revs irl, no ? more than 8k would not look crazy. FZR redline sounds a bit low aswell : are Porsche racing cars with flat6 engine be limited to 8.5k ? I would have supposed they get higher
* Regarding TBO : 7500 rpm redline for those road cars look a bit high this time ... looks like reaching the score of a Ferrari F40 but with bigger cylinders : Uh-hu . 7000 rpm at the very max sounds more reasonnable ...
* Same kind of remarks for UF1, XFG and XRG : 500rpm less would feel more natural (respectively : 6500, 7500 and 6500rpm)

What are your thoughts gentlemen ? I know we are more than used to the current numbers since we ran LFS years ago, but getting closer to what is done in real life will give a better experience in the end Smile . Anyway, I am not an expert, so your thoughts and explanations are welcome Thumbs up

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG