The online racing simulator
Round 3, Fern Bay Gold
Tomorrow is round 3 of the Road Sport Summer Cup, I did a few laps on the track last night, and its very pleasing to drive in the FZ5

Have a great race guys, race emails have just been sent out with the password, if you havent received it, drop me a PM and I can send the password that way, have a great race guys and I look forward to seeing the replays

Dan,
#2 - XRRoy
hey Dan, got a little question. Why is the server named: Road Race Summer Cup and this forum section Road Sport Summer Cupillepall
Good question, me thinks I have gotten a little confused as to the name of the league illepall

Nevermind, its one or the other illepall

Think I know why, it should be Road Sport Summer Cup, somewhere along the way I think I got confused because the ESL league was called Road Race Cup, it should be sport but I am stupid

Dan,
Good luck with tonight's race everyone and the rest of the season. I already pm'ed my intention to pull out after last race but would just like to say that i was really impressed by the drivers here.

anyway good luck all
Just quickly watched the lap one incident with myself, hannu, and alles. I thought I'd left enough room, if you watch from above there is enough, but if it's deemed that I turned in on Hannu, which I did in all honesty- we didn't take the turn in unison- then I'll accept that and take whatever penalty.

Either way, sorry it happened.
This was my 1st ever race in my 1st ever league 2 days after buying an LFS License, and i came last! Which i expected really. I did however really enjoy the banter throughout the Qualifying and after race and this race alone has completely BOOSTED(for emphasis :P) my love of the game. All i need to do now is work more and i'll be like one of the low running F1 teams, just wanting at least a moderate point place.

Thanks for a great race lads, Cant wait till next week!
#7 - hannu
first of all i dont blame anyone for causing the crash on first lap but 3 cars side by side is always a huge risk atleast in such a narrow track and with cool tires. And what comes to my driving there i almost hitted paps already on the turn before the crash because i had ran wide on chicane and got dirt on my tyres. I still had dirt on my tyres when the incident happened so i think i should have braked earlier and could have awoid the crash this way.

Anyways rest of the race was fun and full of good fights.
#8 - Misko
Hehe, what a great way to get introduced to LFS, Kaizaka.

Becuase of the lap 1 crash I can't say I had a good race. Catching up and passing and numerous great duels were a lot of fun, but in the end not happy that hannu managed to pass people more quickly than me and get away. If it wasn't for points, I'd say GREAT RACE, it really was.
Attached images
rssc3-1.JPG
rssc3-8.JPG
rssc3-10.JPG
#9 - Alles
Quote from sinbad :Just quickly watched the lap one incident with myself, hannu, and alles. I thought I'd left enough room, if you watch from above there is enough, but if it's deemed that I turned in on Hannu, which I did in all honesty- we didn't take the turn in unison- then I'll accept that and take whatever penalty.

Either way, sorry it happened.

hey what are you talking about
no hard feelings. It was just a race incident
was fun tho, gladly i passed people very fast
i had a fun race myself aswell. Because of the crashing cars in the begining i could move up through the field. I knew i couldn't keep up the 4th place so i did my best to keep up te pace and don't make any mistakes. Some faster guys were aproching but couldn't keep them behind me. In the end i had Misko behind me for some laps but iirc on the 18th lap he passed. Was hoping that he made a mistake but unfortunatly not. So 7th place for me, not to bad if you concider that i start practicing 1 and a half hour befor the qualyillepall
#11 - bozo
Looks like everyone enjoyed the race tonight - I certainly did. I had some close racing with Bean0 to start (although he soon passed me when I ran wide in a corner), managed to avoid Col's spectacular 'flight' in the bridge section (which is captured in full glory in the image gallery - take a look at the website when Dan has loaded up the new files - www.racelfs.co.uk ), then spent a few laps later in the race trying to prevent Col from overtaking, not realising he was a lap down and trying to unlap himself

Looking through the replay (which will also be posted on the website) there were quite a few battles throughout the race. It was very enjoyable to watch.

Well done to Kaizaka. First race, but you were very diligent in letting faster drivers past. I'm sure that you'll quickly improve. The FZ50 is a difficult car to drive, but with practice it can be half-tamed (apparently, not that I manage it so well ).

I'm really looking forward to next weeks race, especially as somebody mentioned that the FZ50 is better suited to the next 3 races . I hope that's true.
Sounds like you all had a top race, updating the site as I write this, hope to get the race report done ASAP.

Dan,
It was a great race last night. After ballsing up at the chicane and making Bozo spin on the first lap we had a good fight for the next few, then after I passed him I spent the rest of the race glued to the bumper of Nukelane but just couldn't find a way past.
Great race, plenty of battles for position

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG