The online racing simulator
32:9 Ultrawidescreen monitor setup
Hi,
I usually drive with VR-set up but right now I don't have any.

I remember 18 months ago when I purchase my Samsung CHG90 49" Curved 32/9 Ultra Wide Monitor (3840 x 1080) that I never succeed to setup LFS correctly, today I tried again, no success, what ever I do or try.

I don't have any problems with other driving games, example with iRacing I can use 1 or 3 monitor setup or Dirt Rally with one monitor.

Can anyone help me with this ?

Br,
Vision

Sry about starting this topic to the wrong place but in Technical Assistance there is less viewers vs General LFS Discussion.
** Best answer **
Use 3 monitor option and set width to 1024:2048:1024

So there will be a fake "8:9 + 16:9 + 8:9" monitor. Worked on my CHG90, maybe our racers on forum have some better setups Rofl
Quote from kagurazakayukari :Use 3 monitor option and set width to 1024:2048:1024

So there will be a fake "8:9 + 16:9 + 8:9" monitor. Worked on my CHG90, maybe our racers on forum have some better setups Rofl

Thx m8, I will try this later today ! Smile

I'm suprised that there is no native support for 32/9 because LFS has been pioneer several times in technology like in VR,
I played LFS with my DK2 long time ago before other games supported vr.
What's really insane about the VR code is that Scawen did it without ever having a headset himself.
Quote from Dygear :What's really insane about the VR code is that Scawen did it without ever having a headset himself.

Yeah, that's so true, I had forgot that, amazing !
Quote from Vision73 :Hi,
I usually drive with VR-set up but right now I don't have any.

I remember 18 months ago when I purchase my Samsung CHG90 49" Curved 32/9 Ultra Wide Monitor (3840 x 1080) that I never succeed to setup LFS correctly, today I tried again, no success, what ever I do or try.

I don't have any problems with other driving games, example with iRacing I can use 1 or 3 monitor setup or Dirt Rally with one monitor.

Can anyone help me with this ?

What is the problem you are having, can you describe what you are seeing, compared with what you should be seeing?

Quote from Dygear :What's really insane about the VR code is that Scawen did it without ever having a headset himself.

I remember those times! That was only for the DK1 though, I ordered a DK2 as soon as orders opened. I did use all the tricks like coding for 3D anaglyph glasses at the same time and there were a lot of people who could test on 3D TV. I also had a Vuzix VR which didn't really work but could view stereo static images for a few seconds before it overheated, so I could do a lot of debugging before asking community members to check the output with VR distortion.
Quote from Scawen :What is the problem you are having, can you describe what you are seeing, compared with what you should be seeing?.

Hi Scawen, with user kagurazakayukari instructions I did solve my problem but I think the fov have a little "fisheye" effect from the edges but when you're driving, you can't notice that any more.

I will take screenshots later before I made changes and what I have to do to get picture right so you understand better, it could help other users with 32/9 screens.
Sry to take so long to post this (I'm on my vacation) but I don't have any problems at all after I installed my windows again.

Just got my Fanatec DD1 after SC1 and I love this game again Smile
As the Fanatec is direct drive, have you tried the new settings in the test patch?

For OSW wheels the recommended settings are:

FF Steps -> 10000 for max resolution allowed by DirectInput
FF Rate -> 100 Hz allows FF updates to match LFS physics rate
Quote from Scawen :As the Fanatec is direct drive, have you tried the new settings in the test patch?

For OSW wheels the recommended settings are:

FF Steps -> 10000 for max resolution allowed by DirectInput
FF Rate -> 100 Hz allows FF updates to match LFS physics rate

No but I will sure test later today !

Thx for the tip Scawen Smile
the problem can sort of be simulated with windowed mode, just make the window really short, but really wide, a large portion will be all black.

32:9 Ultrawidescreen monitor setup
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG