The online racing simulator
Weird problem with Internet Exploler
My friend wants to try LFS but after few minutes of downloading it says that his download "reached the time limit of downloading, timed out. Something like this. It seems like he has a limit on how many minutes he can download things. How can he turn it off? I searched for this in the options but got no result. Help!
#2 - Gunn
Possibly his ISP enforces this limit.
#3 - herki
#5 - Jakg
and the gimp is for?

anyway, anything, even my dead fish, is better for surfing the web than IE
Quote :and the gimp is for?

I.E. users. lol
#7 - ORION
Quote from Kajojek(PL) :reached the time limit of downloading, timed out

- The exact error message would help I guess.
- Tried another mirror yet?
- Does this problem also show up when downloading other files at similar size? - - Exact Browser version?
- Virus scan?
Quote from Shinanigans :I.E. users. lol

To let you in the secret, the Gimp is an image editor..

To answer the original question, use a free download file manager, and try to download the file in bits. Unfortunately things like that are either;
* a local connection issue (physical interferance with the cable, a dodgy switch, you name it)
* something at the ISP's end

My suggestion would be to pop it onto a CD, or a USB pen drive, or something. Maybe even take your PC to his, or vice versa, so that you can copy a locked version from one machine to the other.
and incase you didnt know, gimp is a real word and has a meaning...

i agree with last thing angel says though, i would just stick on a CD or something; would just make it that much easier
Quote from ORION :- Does this problem also show up when downloading other files at similar size?

Yes, he tried to download Americas Army and had the same problem. I will try to get the other information today.
Oh, over here we use the word "gimp" in a derogatory sense. Usually means low intelligence/hand eye coordination.

Anyway, firefox has built in download manager which depending on the source you're downloading from, has pause & resume options for downloads.

Firefox ftw

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG