The online racing simulator
#1 - Pasci
Update notification in the main menu (Default: Enabled)
At the moment LFS program updates are only displayed if I open multiplayer and let me show the server list. For less experienced players this is not necessarily logical and perhaps someone forget that work flow to update LFS. Yes, I know, if a update is released, we get an e-mail. But I'm not sure if that is enough or someone thinking about it, if months later he start LFS.

I would appreciate that LFS search at program start for updates and - if a update is available - it can be directly downloaded and installed over the main menu.

But this (new) behavoir should be configurable so anyone can disable that to restore the current behavior (or the other way). Perhaps it make sense do not change the current behavior? I don't know.
Not only this.. LFS should update its network protocol in a way that it will only communicate with other clients which are on exactly the same update. The LAN function is being abused by pirates. If you update the .exe every month (or even every week, why not?) with a fresh encryption you get around the problem pretty much. LFS .exe updates are way to rare.
Not that rare considering the updates done regarding VR, which may not be something that benefits some directly but still updates that are beneficial to others
0.6R was released two full years ago, major updates are rare which makes piracy flourish. Releases for this five VR enthusiasts are not counted, it's indeed not interesting for the bunch.

If the main build is being kept flexibele for online play a lot of bad stuff can be kept out. (including cheats).

In order to that the update system needs refinement, should be on the priority list (if it not already secretly is).
Quote from cargame.nl :0.6R was released two full years ago, major updates are rare which makes piracy flourish. Releases for this five VR enthusiasts are not counted, it's indeed not interesting for the bunch.

If the main build is being kept flexibele for online play a lot of bad stuff can be kept out. (including cheats).

In order to that the update system needs refinement, should be on the priority list (if it not already secretly is).

A lot more people are using VR in lfs than you may believe, every day i find more and more that use it. The work on anti-piracy is something that will always need working on, the only game which seems to have done well on that matter is I-Racing even then you can get a version which allows you to drive offline but is a old version

I guess the next full patch will be upcoming soon

Update notification in the main menu (Default: Enabled)
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG