The online racing simulator
Scawen put more cars please :(
(27 posts, started )
I play lfs over 13 years ago...I would like to see new cars Shrug
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
#3 - Racon
Scawen has said that there won't be any new cars until after the new tyre physics is released (They would need work for the new physics, and he doesn't want to take time out of getting to the physics to do a job that would need to be redone).
-
(nikopdr) DELETED by nikopdr : useless post
#4 - Pasci
You have not even tried the existing car / track / layout combinations and you already want more content? Just use what's there. Shrug

I drove over 100'000 km and did not even try all current variants. Cool

BTW: I play LFS over 14 years.
Quote from Pasci :You have not even tried the existing car / track / layout combinations and you already want more content? Just use what's there. Shrug

I drove over 100'000 km and did not even try all current variants. Cool

BTW: I play LFS over 14 years.

A big +1.

@DReyes03 you have driven very few laps with the existing cars so tell us what would be different for you with a new car
#6 - 5tag
This community is so lame...

You're just trying to denounce his request. Maybe he's an offline player, LFSW only shows online stats. Not that there was a lot of content to choose from when joining multiplayer servers. And even when LFS was busier, people on public servers always voted for the same couple of tracks.

Besides, what do his stats matter? If you don't get bored driving a million laps of FBM on Blackwood, good for you. But don't expect every other person to be that easily entertained. And you don't need to have tried every possible combo in order to get bored of the same content for a decade. Plus OP doesn't seem to be interested in open-wheelers - nothing wrong with that or asking for more touring cars for example.
#7 - lfsrm
It will come eventually when the backbone of LFS (graphics, physics) will be updated.

I think it will be cool if they update all the cars to more modern specs (GTRs with modern engine/aero/tc/abs regulations, road cars with torque vectoring and more modern design etc), maybe with one or two old vintage replica for historic cars enthusiast.
#8 - Pasci
Quote :You're just trying to denounce his request. Maybe he's an offline player, LFSW only shows online stats.

Ok, you're right about single player. However, it does not need a new thread about the desire for new content / cars. There are enough of that requests... at least that one:
https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/1917-Cars-we-wanna-see-in-S3

Quote :I think it will be cool if they update all the cars to more modern specs (GTRs with modern engine/aero/tc/abs regulations, road cars with torque vectoring and more modern design etc), maybe with one or two old vintage replica for historic cars enthusiast.

I agree
#9 - Pasci
Quote :You're just trying to denounce his request.

Interesting that you accuse me of denouncing...

Quote : If you don't get bored driving a million laps of FBM on Blackwood, good for you. But don't expect every other person to be that easily entertained.

...and not arguing better in one of the next sentence of you. :-)
Quote from 5tag :This community is so lame...

You're just trying to denounce his request. Maybe he's an offline player, LFSW only shows online stats. Not that there was a lot of content to choose from when joining multiplayer servers. And even when LFS was busier, people on public servers always voted for the same couple of tracks.

Besides, what do his stats matter? If you don't get bored driving a million laps of FBM on Blackwood, good for you. But don't expect every other person to be that easily entertained. And you don't need to have tried every possible combo in order to get bored of the same content for a decade. Plus OP doesn't seem to be interested in open-wheelers - nothing wrong with that or asking for more touring cars for example.

Stats matter in a way that you can see the combos what someone has driven, it doesn't mean that you should grind one track for laps, but see the picture as a whole. After all, there's a bit more to the game than just FBM @ Blackwood Smile I'm not denying that offline playing is an option as well. In fact if you look at Dreyes' post history you can see he has had a bit more content available than what is normally in LFS.

Maybe the first post in the thread from me was a bit belittling, i admit that, my bad.

Of course new content is always welcome, but replying to personal content requests by doing them can open a pandora's box of more requests and it can distract from actual work, or that's how i see this thing. We've been waiting for the tyre physics for a while now, and graphics updates have been announced recently, so the game would feel refreshed again even without new content. I'm in no rush.

Quote from lfsrm :
I think it will be cool if they update all the cars to more modern specs (GTRs with modern engine/aero/tc/abs regulations, road cars with torque vectoring and more modern design etc), maybe with one or two old vintage replica for historic cars enthusiast.

Well, IMO the GTRs look a bit old so it'd be better to keep them as "90s historic" racing cars and make a newer GTR class based on newer regulations. I might be a bit biased on this, but I don't want any ABS or TC to the current GTRs, they are so fun to drive as of now, especially FZR. Big grin
Quote from 5tag :This community is so lame...

I'm only stating a genuine fact.Yes people offline race/hotlaps but does not have any hotlaps uploaded and if you check every account that makes such post they generally have the same thing in common(check it out)

Also you confirm what i say and that is the majority of people have not driven most combo's so still plenty of fun to be had

Its better having done"millions of laps" than very few laps overall, it shows i play lfs,and as i am enjoying what i am doing i have had my moneys worth

Quote from 5tag :

. And you don't need to have tried every possible combo in order to get bored of the same content for a decade. Plus OP doesn't seem to be interested in open-wheelers - nothing wrong with that or asking for more touring cars for example.

Obviously it shows that no matter what is released they wont be happy if they have not given the current content a chance once they are bored of one combo
Sorry Guys but I agree with 5tag.
Sometimes it needs something new for motivation.

And look at my Online Stats - nothing to find?
Well I play only LAN with friends (since 2007).
We all are a bit bored because of the limited content but I look forward to the upcoming Updates.

And I don´t like all Cars in LFS, why should I drive every combination? That makes no sense.

Oh and we need a mini Kart in LFS.
All existing Cars are too powerful for the little racing tracks Smile
There are some very high quality mods too! I have found around 35+! Big grin
#14 - 5tag
Quote from Pasci :However, it does not need a new thread about the desire for new content / cars. There are enough of that requests...

Quote from nikopdr :Of course new content is always welcome, but replying to personal content requests by doing them can open a pandora's box [...]

Why do you guys worry about that stuff? If you don't like the thread, just let it die down. Or just point him towards the car suggestion thread. Or at the very least cynically hint at the search bar.

He's making a valid request and the frequency with which these pop up only prove it.

Quote from Pasci :Interesting that you accuse me of denouncing...

...and not arguing better in one of the next sentence of you. :-)

My post didn't adress anyone personally, but that particular bit was aimed at someone else - obviously showing that the judging of stats is absurd.

Quote from nikopdr :Maybe the first post in the thread from me was a bit belittling, i admit that, my bad.

Thank you!

Quote from bishtop :I'm only stating a genuine fact.Yes people offline race/hotlaps but does not have any hotlaps uploaded and if you check every account that makes such post they generally have the same thing in common(check it out)

Also you confirm what i say and that is the majority of people have not driven most combo's so still plenty of fun to be had

Its better having done"millions of laps" than very few laps overall, it shows i play lfs,and as i am enjoying what i am doing i have had my moneys worth

Obviously it shows that no matter what is released they wont be happy if they have not given the current content a chance once they are bored of one combo

Offline players don't necessarily upload hotlaps. Maybe they just race against the AI. Also LFSW
stats don't say much about online drifting or cruising. From what I see OP has driven 13k miles and burned 11k litres of virtual fuel. Who are you to judge whether or not he's had his money's worth of fun in LFS? Based on statistics? Big Eye

All this shows or confirms is merely what an undifferentiated and self-centered view of things you have.
Errm its quite obvious that if you do not use something then you have not had your moneys worth from it. Not t0o hard to understand

And my statement stands valid. Why show interest for something that you ain't going to use

I do not mean to sound like i am being disrespectful to the O.P, i am just giving my view
Oh yeah? Well I'm just gonna denounce the whole lot of y'all! There.
More cars...... Always more cars. What kind of cars? I think everybody wants more cars. But the sad fact is, they make more cars, most people will still want more or they'll be cars no one uses. Like the formula V8 or the road cars. LOL the LX4 was the car that really got my attention. I think I'm like one of five people that uses it. Then there's that mini cooper car. I tried using that one once.... I fell asleep at the wheel and wrecked from the boredom, yet all sorts of folks like it. Go figure.
So wanting more cars and then getting them might not be what you were hoping for.
I dunno. Maybe I played GTA one too many times, but I'd like to see pedestrians.
Quote from Racer Y :
So wanting more cars and then getting them might not be what you were hoping for.

that's what I am afraid of. In other hand, IF we will have physics update, it means every car will feel bit new after that. Plus that german car... xD
To OP, you better off buying rFactor 2, it will go on sale 50% off sooner or later, that's what I'm waiting for. Alas the AI in this game is really bad, and I'm not too good to play online yet.
Quote from lucaf :that's what I am afraid of. In other hand, IF we will have physics update, it means every car will feel bit new after that. Plus that german car... xD

Great philosophy and very true Big grin
99% of the time in LFS I drive XFG only Big grin
Quote from 5tag :Why do you guys worry about that stuff? If you don't like the thread, just let it die down. Or just point him towards the car suggestion thread. Or at the very least cynically hint at the search bar.

He's making a valid request and the frequency with which these pop up only prove it.

I would've liked some examples of what content the OP would like to see added, just saying new cars doesn't really mean much in the end. For example you make a car and you like it, you give it to someone and he doesn't like it. It's a matter of taste, you can't please everyone with same content. There's also problems with licensing fees, etc, since it's quite likely that real-life cars are suggested, but there's a workaround to that by just making it resemble the actual car but with subtle differences of course.

Quote from 5tag :My post didn't adress anyone personally, but that particular bit was aimed at someone else - obviously showing that the judging of stats is absurd.

Offline players don't necessarily upload hotlaps. Maybe they just race against the AI. Also LFSW
stats don't say much about online drifting or cruising. From what I see OP has driven 13k miles and burned 11k litres of virtual fuel. Who are you to judge whether or not he's had his money's worth of fun in LFS? Based on statistics? Big Eye

True, you can't see autocross stats because they don't have fixed checkpoints nor finish lines, but driven laps in autocross layouts still count into laps as does the travelled distance in autocross. Most drifting layouts of now have atleast 1 checkpoint + finish, mainly because lfslapper can reset drift score each lap. Don't get me wrong, stats don't mean everything but they do give guidance on how one sees the game. I'm not using it to judge anyone, but to see what kind of experience/preference one has. Offline playing is another story, of course, because that stuff doesn't get recorded anywhere unless you specifically want to save your SPRs.
Quote from 5tag :All this shows or confirms is merely what an undifferentiated and self-centered view of things you have.

My opinion is purely mine, the resemblance to others is coincidental. Maybe i've spent too much time on forums so i've picked up some influence to my opinions from here, but i try to see the whole picture from every angle before i can construct my opinion. Some opinions can sound selfish, since it's basically a person's point of view on a specific subject. That's what discussions are for, sharing opinions, knowledge, etc. Smile

I try to be far from self centered. I used to be like that when i was younger, and i want to learn from my mistakes. I'd like to point out that the first post wasn't exactly as considerate either, it's purely his own expression of what he wants to see in the game. It's not wrong to say how you feel, but there could've been some more thought put into the first post.
Quote from 5tag :Offline players don't necessarily upload hotlaps. Maybe they just race against the AI.

That's me. Haven't raced online in years.
In terms of car content, I think LFS has a great variety, but it has grown a little stale over the years.
I'd love a V8 muscle car and a long point to point track for time trials.
I think we can all agree on one thing :

We don't have updates. Yet.

People may prefer to have more of something, myself included. But we have to be patient even if we don't want to.
Those who play only on lan or singleplayer will not have the right to say they wish for more, until they have tried literally everything in the game.

Then a suggestion post or an opinionated post is validated.

Even with that being said, everyone is open to their comments and I agree that 5tag that we need more cars and variations.

But we have to wait. Updates will come. Just... not yet.
lx8 gtr
Quote from nikopdr :True, you can't see autocross stats because they don't have fixed checkpoints nor finish lines, but driven laps in autocross layouts still count into laps as does the travelled distance in autocross. Most drifting layouts of now have at least 1 checkpoint + finish, mainly because lfslapper can reset drift score each lap.

You're correct in that autocross still counts in distance travelled, but it's up to the autocross designer whether to add checkpoints and finish lines, although the sector/split/lap time stats aren't saved by LFS.

However, I personally always use 3 fixed checkpoints and a finish line, as my layouts are for 1 lap hotlaps and drifting, and all times and scores are shown when doing lap and saved on my server and can be viewed in tables.

Attached images
Pitboard and driftscore.png
Times and Scores.png

(27 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG