The online racing simulator
The Liveforspeed.dk Westhill 2h
(32 posts, started )
The Liveforspeed.dk 2 hours
Just to keep up the pace during summer break, we are hosting a 2 hour event on Westhill using the GTR-class.
Race will be held on TUESDAY, 4th of July 20.00 CEST (Central European Summer Time) - (19.00 British Summer Time – 18.00 GMT ).

NOTE! Seats are reserved for the drivers who has competed in the Danish Racing Cup II, but there will be places left for other drivers, so sign up! ( On July 1st, we will see how many spaces left for non-DRC drivers, and randomly pick the rest of the field )
We suppose it's no surprise that clean and fair driving is a must.

Now, all the boring stuff!
Race format:

Track conditions:
- No wind on and racing in daylight.
Qualifying: 30 minutes free qualifying.
Race Starts:
- There will be a “lag-lap”
- Remember to close all unnecessary programs and websites in the background (like MSN, LFS World etc.) before you race! Because these things take away a bit of your Internet bandwidth and this could cause lag (timeouts) for you and the other racers on a server.
- There are no restarts of the race - no matter what.
Chatting:
- It’s only allowed to chat during the qualifying – you can use “block” if you don’t want to see the chat
- No chatting during the races – not even smilies!
- If you chat in the race before the last driver crossed the finish line you’ll get a 2 sec. time penalty for every chat-line you do.
Yellow and Blue Flags:
- Respect the yellow and blue flags.
- No overtaking during Yellow flag (except the car/s that caused the yellow Flag).
- If you accidentally passed someone under yellow, you must let him pass you again ASAP!
- Drivers must use caution and be prepared to slow down under Yellow Flag conditions.
- When the Yellow Flag disappears from your screen you can overtake again.
- When you got a Blue Flag let the faster car/s pass you easily as fast as possible.
Disconnection:
- If you got a disconnection during the race you can not rejoin the race but you can spectate and join the next race.
Reset:
- You can reset your car if you are on the roof/side or stuck in the sand, but DON’T do near other cars (wait till the track is safe).
Race Penalties summary:
- Wrong Passing under Yellow (and don’t give the place back immediately) = You’ll placed behind the driver you passed in the final results of that race (be warned If he DNF you also DNF because you’ll be placed behind him!).
- Pitting in another way (i.e. shift+s) then driving into the pits during a race = Disqualification (DSQ) for that race.
- If you chat in a race before the last driver crossed the finish line you’ll get a 2 sec. time penalty for every chat-line you do.
- Rejoining a race/ Joining an ongoing race will also end in a DSQ
- All other things that are actually not in this list can of course be penalized by the Admins after the race (i.e. reckless driving, pushing someone out of his pit, etc.)
Other:
- Using Shift+S to pit will result in a disqualification.

NOTE: The rule that said no pitting before Lap 4 is removed. Why would anyone pit so soon without severe damages anyway?

Come on now, guys! 10 seats are taken, 6 to go!
well, I'm interested but can't say yet if i have the time or not...
I'll reserve a seat for you - you just let me know as soon as you can
Hi Kim, you gave an open invite to the OCuk guys for this race, does this include anyone taking part in thier summer trophy cup? You might remember me from last night? I'd love to join in, all the experience helps. Oh yeah, what's a lag-lap? No passing to allow all the clients to settle down?
Hi, I remember you very clearly from last night Great racing

A "Lag Lap" is where you start the race normally, drive approx. 30 seconds, then restart the race. It's done in order to take a bit of the stress of people racing down to turn 1, and also to eliminate people with terrible lag before the real start.

I'll sign you up right away. I will send out e-mails Sunday evening with details to everyone
I'd like to join if dialup players are permitted to race.
Meanwhile arranging a new DSL for me but I'm afraid it won't be there on July 4th.
Are you leaving it open for folk to decide what car they drive? There is a post kicking about somewhere detailing the complete dominance of the FZR(?) anyway the last GTR car. Just like to know which car to practice in for some close racing.
Yega> It's open for XRR, FXR and FZR cars. There might be more FZR's than others, but that's a part of the game, unfortunately.

Airborne> Honestly, I'm not sure what to say. In the OcUk Summer Trophy, you have lost connection a few times ( correct me if I'm wrong ), and I would really hate it if that happened again.. :eek:

Let me know on Tuesday if your connection is established, then we'll see
hmmm, sounds like it's FZRs then
Hello, I'd like to sign for this race.
My e-mail is: rumiko [a] manga [.] sk
Question.. does the GTR class include the XF GTR (XFR) ?
#13 - S0ul
If theres still a place left?If so,i really would like to particioate! My E-mail is S0ulcatcher@gmx.de.
Thanks in advance
S0ul
Franky> I think not, you would be a lot slower than the FZR, XRR and FXR's in UFR or XFR..

S0ul> I'll put you on the list, I will send out mails with final confirmations on Sunday, as the sign-up ends tomorrow at midnight
sorry, can't make it
OK, I will not participate then.
I'm in!
kk im in
Yay
Signup closed.

Rumiko and S0ul, please check your e-mails

Yega and FEL, you've got a PM
#21 - S0ul
im really sorry guys,but it seems that i cant participate today...i really hope you can get someone else to join...Like i said im sorry,but i got something really important to do
That's alright - there are two guys who would like your place

I'll contact you in the future, when we're arranging something
Official results are in!

www.lfs-events.de - See under Single Events ( LFS.dk Westhill 2H link in the top of the page )

Thank you BBO for doing this
I was dropped on lap 11 or 12 for some reason, my internet connection was fine throughout so I don't know what happened. Shame, I got a good start then, after an unfortunate spin, I seemed to be making some ground on the folks ahead. Guess I'll never know.
Thank you for taking part in our event - it was great fun, even though a few drivers chose to quit early.

I hope you will consider taking part again another time

(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG