The online racing simulator
VR Settings for WMR
(6 posts, started )
VR Settings for WMR
Hi, new user here with noob questions. I was wondering if anyone had a settings file or a suggested setup to get the most out of WMR headsets?

I have the Lenovo and LFS plays very smooth but the distance view is pixelated (as all VR racing games seem to be without tweaking)

Also, do you need to fully exit the game to desktop for graphics options to take effect? I was quitting the race to main menu, tweaking parameters in options and then restarting same race but things don’t seem to have changed?

Thanks
Solved. Just in case anyone else needs to know

U/bobmitch on Reddit suggested cranking supersampling up to 1.6 on SteamVR and that definitely helped
Adjusting graphic parameters in-game is, or atleast should be instant. If you're installing higher-res textures, you can avoid restarting the game by switching first to half-size textures and then back to full again, this will force texture reloading. This all can be done on track without exiting back to the menus. Good to hear you solved your issue though.

If there's a possibility to set the render scale, LFS doesn't use much resources so I think having twice the resolution would improve the image quality a lot without taking much toll on the FPS. I don't have any clue about this though, I don't own a VR set yet Tongue
Thanks for replying. I did try switching off trees etc to see if it was changing in real time and they were still being rendered when I restarted the race so was unsure.
Ah, I see. The tree option doesn't disable all trees, just the 3D ones that are affected by the wind settings, for example in Kyoto GP Long's first turn. there used to be more of these trees in Blackwood too, but they've disappeared after the graphical updates to that track. Big grin
Thanks, spent some more time tweaking and can’t seem to make it any better by tweaking LFS. The improvement by increasing the SS in steamVR is good enough I think. The pixelation on the long straight at Blackwood still has a little shimmer but moving the sliders doesn’t seem to help.

I think I need to rtfm a bit more Smile

VR Settings for WMR
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG