The online racing simulator
Dirt Rally 2.0
(18 posts, started )
Dirt Rally 2.0
Hello hello #simracing nuts Smile

Who else is waiting for a new Dirt? Feel free to invite me to rally, beat PBs toghether:

steam ID: vuko84
steam nickname: pasibrzuch
steam account na.. enough!

wait, it has those things? that's sick!
#3 - gu3st
No VR = No buy
I am still in confusion what is this?
#6 - gu3st
Quote from SheilaDaniels :I am still in confusion what is this?

A sequel to Codemaster's fairly decent "Dirt Rally" game.
Arcade - No buy
Well, the more niche you enter, the less shit you can enjoy.
I don't have Oculus, so I don't give a... attention.

With G25 wheel I've joined only No Arcade club Smile So, there was Richard Burns Rally 15 years ago pretty good sim, then WRC series for 5 yo girsl, then Dirt 123 for angry german kid, then Dirt Rally pretty good sim, Dirt 4.. german kids again, and now Dirt Rally 2.0 for Chosen Ones.

Honestly, there is also Spintires Mudrunner to crawl in mud, relaxing sim.

https://gg.deals/game/dirt-rally-2-0/
Well, VR is just so mainstream as "EVERYBODY" runs it... NOT.

As someone who thinks VR is a massive **** only enjoyed by those with a large disposable income who will need to spend equally large amounts of money repeatedly until this either dies or becomes usable, let's see which, here's an opinion from a 1080 gamer.

Looks good, Codemasters seem to be focussed on an actually rally sim. As the last great rally sim was Colin MacRay, untold years ago, much credit to them for trying to create a great rally sim.
Quote from Racer X NZ :Well, VR is just so mainstream as "EVERYBODY" runs it... NOT.

As someone who thinks VR is a massive **** only enjoyed by those with a large disposable income who will need to spend equally large amounts of money repeatedly until this either dies or becomes usable, let's see which, here's an opinion from a 1080 gamer.

Looks good, Codemasters seem to be focussed on an actually rally sim. As the last great rally sim was Colin MacRay, untold years ago, much credit to them for trying to create a great rally sim.

When other racing sims (including first version of Dirt Rally) support VR, omitting it is a huge blunder. Sim racing is already pretty niche as an activity, so catering to that niche is important.
Quote from Racer X NZ :Well, VR is just so mainstream as "EVERYBODY" runs it... NOT.

A rift DK2 is sufficient enough and cheap enough for most to use for racing sims, using the debug tool you can up the PPDP - Pixels per display pixel which id recommend setting to 2.0 which clears the image quality a lot and they can be picked up for around 120-130 usd or 100 gbp or cheaper
You can buy WMR headset for $100 brand new right now. Under $100 used. Heck, I have an extra Dell Visor that is sitting here.
Try doing that in NZ !!!!!
Your only choices are new, or Ebay. And who wants to buy second hand from the other side of the world.
Here's Linus on VR. (4 Jan 19)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85DiHTpxGCo&feature=youtu.be

In NZ anyway, there is no VR. No real retail, competition etc. And if you read what I said, It's the fact that VR isn't NEEDED for gaming at the moment. Yes its nice, yes its still being developed, and yes, it still has a long way to go.

Clearly Codemasters feel the same and believe that they will sell enough product without the need to support a still emerging tech.

I'm just happy that they are still trying to produce a decent Rally game, with weather, good physics, and immersion.
I'm much happier with that being the outcome personally.

For those of you that feel that its VR or nothing, more power to you.Na-na
Quote from Racer X NZ :Try doing that in NZ !!!!!
Your only choices are new, or Ebay. And who wants to buy second hand from the other side of the world.

In NZ anyway, there is no VR. No real retail, competition etc. And if you read what I said, It's the fact that VR isn't NEEDED for gaming at the moment. Yes its nice, yes its still being developed, and yes, it still has a long way to go.

Clearly Codemasters feel the same and believe that they will sell enough product without the need to support a still emerging tech.

I'm just happy that they are still trying to produce a decent Rally game, with weather, good physics, and immersion.

Using EBAY is not a bad option if you make sure to only buy from sellers with top feedback, I sell darkroom equipment on there occasionally and also purchase stuff often without problems
Quote from Racer X NZ :Try doing that in NZ !!!!!

Linus is also known as an avid hater of VR for whatever reason. VR is pretty cool, but needs probably 1 more generation to be truly great.

When their predecessor supported VR (which means they have decent engine support for it), the lack of VR is just weird/silly.

PS4 controller pretty much as fast as I could get. Kinda like wrc 7 better though. Just because of the content on offer there. Dirt rally + dirt rally 2.0 would be great, but that's not happening probably.

EDIT: Reuploaded with better quality.
EDIT2: Does anyone have any idea why the quality is such shit? I uploaded a 50mbps 1080p 60fps clip which looked OK and was quite smooth, but now in YT it looks like utter crap? With fps drops and skips everywhere...

EDIT3: POLO GTi R5 slightly improved time and quality.

EDIT4: Oh, and who doesn't love Poland?!

Dirt Rally 2.0
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG