The online racing simulator
Falling from LFS servers
(31 posts, started )
Falling from LFS servers
Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this sorry for that and for my bad english.
The thing is that some time ago I can not stay in any LFS server more than 10 minutes or so.
My connection falls.
I've checked with my IPS provider and all is correct. My PC is connected to the router by cable.
Internet speed is quite good (100/100Mb more or less).
When playing LFs my UDP/TCP is normally 50.
I've checked my PC and its free from viruses.
I don't use Emule or similar.
Any suggestions?
Thank you.
It could be your LAN/WLAN driver for your computer. Have you tried a neweer version of that? I've had a similiar issue at work, where the computer turns off after a specific time.
Do u have any programs checking connection. Like Virus scanners Firewall or other network monitoring programs?

Anyway maybe do a ping test. And see if there is any packet loss.

Edit: open command promt and type "ping www.google.com -t" it will endless ping google check if there is packet loss.
#4 - lucaf
When the problem started? What happened before the problem started? Some changes in internet connection? New hardware? New software? Change back things like they were before problem started. For example you can make a system restore back to a period when your computer worked well (if the problem is a result of some change in the computer software).
#5 - SEnDE
just as an idea: it can also be the powersaving mode of windows.
Hi, thanks for help.
Today I updated all drivers (with Driver Booster from Iobit). Problem persists.
My antivirus an firewall are Windows Defender and Windows Firewall (my Pc is windows 10)
Ping works fine, 0 packets loss in more than 30 minutes.
The problem started some months ago. I don' remember if I changed anything. No new hardware.
Some days it works fine but, these last two weeks no way.

I have Powersaving mode set to "Never".

I've just tried to stay in a server. No more than 2 minutes I'm out...
Strange... Do u have problems with other games? If not maybe just reinstall lfs. Shrug

Edit: U also can try reboot modem/router (unplug it few secs)
#8 - lucaf
haha Lucaf we both had same idea Smile
haha Lucaf we both had same idea Smile
LFS is my one and only game :-)
I've reinstalled it (LFS) and tried once, successfully for a while.
I'll try a little more and I'll tell you.

Malwarebytes is my preferred scan application. Nothing suspect in last scan.

Thank you to everyone.
Still falling from server after several minutes.
The last two messages I see now are: "MP Replay: Out of stach space" and "Connection lost with server"

My config:
... Disabling "Multiplayer replay save" I stay in server a little longer but I finally fall and get the "Lost connection to host" message.
just asking how much space do have on harddisk?
and tell us also bit more about your pc, cpu? ram? windows?
more player have problem with connect for all europe state .. hmm ... change privilegium on folder c:/lfs/ for only one user with out administrator ... some player funning with try hacking ...
Hi,
I think space in disk is not the problem (quite enough free space)
My Pc:
Pentium(R) CPU G3220 3Ghz
4Gb Ram
Graphic Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 4Gb (2Gb dedicated).

I normally fall from any server (spanish or others)

Now I'm in [TC]CityDriving and, staying in server! I don't know what has changed.
I've enabled "multiplayer replay save" to manual and still in server...
I'll try some days and I'll tell you .
Thanks.

(First time since 2004 I use forum to get help, what a great response :-) )
Sounds more of an issue on the network adapter possibly just the settings if it has any, and if it lacks any settings to adjust you can either do them via the registry if you're confident or download speedguides tcp optimizer
Quite possible that the network adapter is still going into a sleep or low power mode among other things
yes, maybe do a check to power settings and make sure you have selected "High Performance" power plan
TcpOptimizer downloaded, executed and set to Optimal values.
High Performance power plan selected.
It seems it's working better. Staying in server for the moment ant TCP/UTP increases from 40-50 to 60-70.
Thank you to everyone.
Oh, Oh. Talked too fast. Falling again... I was in [AA]RallyCross for 7 or 8 minutes and disconnected...
As lucaf told me just a moment ago in a server where I was falling every minute, I tested my Hdd. Here the results:
I would say test LFS with another pc with same internet connection. Then you know if the problem is your pc or your connection
Hello,

Since 4 days connection is working fine. I don't know why, but I thing it was something with my ISP.
The day it started to work well I saw for a moment a blue ligh in my Orange LiveBox Router, meaning: router updating formware.

So, thank you very much to everyone. At least I've optimized my Pc :-)
Good to hear Thumbs up

Falling from LFS servers
(31 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG