The online racing simulator
Zero position in empty lake in RO
(7 posts, started )
Both objects are with zero position but you cannot add slab object on the ground like barrier.
Attached images
sfsdfs.png
yes that area is somewhat weird on RO. perhaps also notice the "lake" has no water in it. i tried to make that with water. impossible to do as files are weirdly mapped so it just cant be done really. i suspect this is a "void" area. and perhaps is why this is not possible in that specific area. (not sure about this though)
#3 - Racon
The slab is set at zero and can't go any lower. Non-concrete objects by default don't get placed exactly at their set height, they are 'dropped' from a bit higher and then placed where they hit the ground.
well i saw the area from the texture perspective trying to make some files. however that specific area is the mostly weird mapped ive seen in lfs tbh. its even worse than anything fernbay which is kinda bad. i suggested eric to make it a lake with water in it also because this would remap the entire area i think.i tried to actually fill the lake with water. but even that is impossible as the textures goes from bottom of it to the sides or side walls of the lake. it simply cant be water filled.(needs dev intervention).i also believe water in that lake would add to immersion in LFS in general.no matter if it has water in it IRL or not.

i think its a "ice" area. void.
#5 - Racon
I've seen blue concrete at level 0 used as water there... not as good as Eric's version would be, but I knew what the author meant Smile
The 'lake' isn't filled with water because it isn't a lake, just a drainage area, I believe.
Quote from PeterN :The 'lake' isn't filled with water because it isn't a lake, just a drainage area, I believe.

that would actually explain the way its shaped. very plausible indeed.

"should have thought of that"..

that would also explain when making the textures so it looks waterfilled going up on the sides to the grass. (which is why it looked very weird)

EDIT: but it would have looked so cool with ice on it...

(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG