The online racing simulator
i see this too it is exactly what is happening to me...you guys should try going on Kyoto Oval (right name?) and go the BF1 its crazy when you hit 170mph its like trying to fight a Bull with nodding syndrom. its really really bad...i got this wheel today and i'm kinda Dispointed that its causing me this Problems i got rid of it by lowering Forces to a Minimal Level but thats the Only solution i can see so far :-(

Regards Kyle
I know all about LFS FF and the DFP combo..
howdy,

dunno if this has already been said. but lowering the FF solves this problem. at least on the MOMO. it does this on NFS:MW also. GTR the wheel always leans to the right when FF is on 150% plus 100% plus full effects. (i like my wheel at full blast)
I thought the whole oscilation/lag issue was related to timing issues.
As in, it takes a small amount of time to send signals back and forth between wheel and simulation.
Which results in a certain amount of milliseconds delay resulting in oscilation.
Current technology will always result in a delay between visual representation, simulation and wheel movement.

cheers,
Willem
#30 - axus
For the guys that have problems with FF:

Go to Logitech Profiler -> Options -> global device settings
- Disable the centering spring from the profiler
- Set Damping and Spring forces to 0% in the profiler
- Set centering spring strenght to 0%

Go into LFS -> options -> controls
- Set FF strenght to anything between 40 and 80%
- Set Wheel turn compensation to 0.75

Click on Axes/FF
- Enable Force Feedback
- Enable Calibration Lock after recalibrating the axes

Go into LFS -> options -> misc
- Set alnalogue steer smooth to 0.4 or so

Those settings work a charm with my DFP.
Quote from axus :For the guys that have problems with FF:

Go to Logitech Profiler -> Options -> global device settings
- Disable the centering spring from the profiler
- Set Damping and Spring forces to 0% in the profiler
- Set centering spring strenght to 0%

Go into LFS -> options -> controls
- Set FF strenght to anything between 40 and 80%
- Set Wheel turn compensation to 0.75

Click on Axes/FF
- Enable Force Feedback
- Enable Calibration Lock after recalibrating the axes

Go into LFS -> options -> misc
- Set alnalogue steer smooth to 0.4 or so

Those settings work a charm with my DFP.

Why are you using wheel turn compensation and analogue steer smooth on DFP? Makes zero sense as you can set the correct rotation amount per car in the profiler -> perfectly linear steering in every car and wheel's FF locks the rotation.
#32 - axus
Quote from spankmeyer :Why are you using wheel turn compensation and analogue steer smooth on DFP? Makes zero sense as you can set the correct rotation amount per car in the profiler -> perfectly linear steering in every car and wheel's FF locks the rotation.

I don't like perfectly linear steering
Quote from axus :I don't like perfectly linear steering

You don't like real cars?
#34 - axus
Quote from spankmeyer :You don't like real cars?

Some real cars don't have linear steering - even race cars. For Monaco, most Formula 1 cars use non-linear steering.
Quote from axus :Some real cars don't have linear steering - even race cars. For Monaco, most Formula 1 cars use non-linear steering.

Cool didn't know that one. I assume we are not mixing power-steering or drive-by-wire with linear steering, so I stand corrected.
#36 - axus
Quote from spankmeyer :Cool didn't know that one. I assume we are not mixing power-steering or drive-by-wire with linear steering, so I stand corrected.

For "Wheel turn compensation" on a real car you just need to have the distance between the teeth on the the steering rack change away from the center - nothing electronic about it.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG