The online racing simulator
Allow us to change our AI's F11-F12 settings
So here's a thing; when viewing our local AI's driving on single player and multiplayer, we can see that their F11 and F12 windows are displayed on a same way than they would be normally displayed for the player itself. We can see how much brake balance our AI has on some cars, how much our local AI will refuel when making a pit stop etc.

But the problem is that we can't change those values displayed in those boxes. It should be allowed to change our local AI's F11 and F12-settings on both single player and multiplayer. I know, it may not sound useful, but there are actually a lot of situations where I can find this feature really useful. For example:
- Perhaps I would like to see, how many laps those R3-tires will last when my AI is driving after that AI just tested R2-tires. Or I chose wrong tires for my own AI at the start of race. With this feature, I could fix that mistake immediately by changing pit strategy to change tire type to something else and then forcing that AI to make a pit stop.

- At the moment, this situation is possible and has happened before: Race lasts several hours and AI pits on a penultimate lap. What that AI will do, refuels all the way to 100% instead of refueling about 5% for that last lap! There's no point to refuel that much when there's one lap remaining! With this feature, this problem would be fixed.

- AI has only taken a slight damage and I would like to make that it will not fix that damage when pitting

- And: Player could test different pit strategies for (future Endurance-)events without having to drive itself! What if player's wheel is broken and (s)he will get that wheel fixed/new wheel just before that event starts? This feature would make player's situation at least somewhat less stressful.

I could go on and on about situations, where this feature would be really useful.

And one thing that is currently annoying, when viewing those two windows when my local AI is driving, you can clearly see that the first changeable setting on those windows is highlighted on a different color, hinting that since I can change my own pit strategy by simply holding shift and pressing left/right arrow, I could do that same thing for my local AI. But it's not possible.

I'm not saying that default/current values what AI uses (repairs damage, change tires when worn out 30% or more etc.) are bad and I actually think those should be default values for AI's. What I'm saying is that we should have a chance on (qualifying/)race to change those values whenever we want.

I don't see any reason why we can't do this. This should be really easy thing for developers to do and it wouldn't even take much time. And, it wouldn't cause any harm for any player! (Okay, maybe for that player who orders AI to refuel not enough fuel resulting that AI running out of fuel on next lap Big grin.)
Quote from THE WIZARD DK :perhaps also let AI´s drive on very windy conditions aswell

They actually can drive when there's high wind. Start the race with no/low wind and then type /wind 2. After that, restart race and they will race with high wind enabled.
#3 - jh89
Very good idea. We really do need "smarter" AI racing. Fully adjustable settings on the race has my vote Smile
My Wish for AI is:
- Again better learning like in the first LFS Days
- Create own AI-Routes

thats it. I dont need more about AI Big grin

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG