The online racing simulator
Strange lag problem (invisible cars)
(6 posts, started )
While racing at Fern Bay Rallyx Green we encountered a strange lag problem. Suddenly all cars except yourself disappeard and you were driving on your own. The lagbars remained normal and no one got kicked from the server. Everyone was driving for his own with the position list still showing the correct times. Chatting was still possible as well. To me it looks like somehow the TCP pakets got through but not the UDP player pakets.

The server remained in this state even after serveral race restarts and going back to the lobby. Only a hard-reset of the dedi host could fix the problem.

I've attached the replays. In the first one the bug happend during the race, the other two were recorded after the race restart.
Attached files
FE6_race_6L_10R_0F.mpr - 107.8 KB - 222 views
FE6_race_6L_10R_0F_2.mpr - 16.2 KB - 173 views
FE6_race_6L_0R_0F.mpr - 22.1 KB - 210 views
I'm sure this happened with a vMax server sometime last year. Again the only way to solve it was a reset of the dedi host if I remember rightly, Tux probably knows better since he deals with the server

Keiran
#3 - Phlos
This is not a LFS issue but a Linux issue when you emule it with "WINE"
This just happened on a XF GTI Fern Bay Club server (forgot it's name). Do you know if it was running on Wine as well?
Attached files
lag.mpr - 830.7 KB - 163 views
Yah I was on an XF GTI server when this happened last night (same one as the last post I imagine) and it was wierd as hell. I thought we'd probably eaten through the bandwidth allowance or something - I wondered if it was one of those servers that stayed forever empty and fell over the moment it actually got busy
Quote from GP4Flo :While racing at Fern Bay Rallyx Green we encountered a strange lag problem. Suddenly all cars except yourself disappeard and you were driving on your own. The lagbars remained normal and no one got kicked from the server. Everyone was driving for his own with the position list still showing the correct times. Chatting was still possible as well. To me it looks like somehow the TCP pakets got through but not the UDP player pakets.

The server remained in this state even after serveral race restarts and going back to the lobby. Only a hard-reset of the dedi host could fix the problem.

I've attached the replays. In the first one the bug happend during the race, the other two were recorded after the race restart.

I have seen this several times in past.As you said only hard LFS server reset helped.

(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG