The online racing simulator
August 19: Sunday: Party Comboseries: 3rd season: 5th race

Additional information:
Mandatory pit stops: 4
80% limit: (minimum lap amount to get classified): 35 laps

Race is replica from 2nd race of 2nd season of the Master Pro-series which was held on April 14, 2017. Race itself is normal.

This race will be streamed on Twitch. Stream begins during Warm-Up and ends after race. https://www.twitch.tv/srtfinland

Use of rescue car when driver has flipped or got stuck is possible.

Minimum license: S2

Schedule (all times are in UTC+3):

- 15:45: Qualifying begins
- 19:45: Qualifying ends and Warm-up/Briefing begins. At this moment, SRT's stream goes live on https://www.twitch.tv/srtfinland
- 20:00: Warm-Up/Briefing ends and Race begins
Qualifying:
- Results: http://tulokset.srtfinland.com/league/JUHLAKOMBOIII/2018/R05/q/?lang=en
- Replay: http://tulokset.srtfinland.com/replays/juhlakombosarja_iii/juhlakombosarja_iii_05_q.mpr

Race:
- Results: http://tulokset.srtfinland.com/league/JUHLAKOMBOIII/2018/R05/r/?lang=en
- Replay: http://tulokset.srtfinland.com/replays/juhlakombosarja_iii/juhlakombosarja_iii_05_r.mpr

Twitch VOD: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/299321923

Case: Spiky vs. RIGA|BABY and POLIS

During race, Spiky (LFSW: I don't think you need to know this specifically..., but if you really need to, it's Spiiiky) made a protest of two drivers: RIGA|BABY (LFSW: Skabarga1), who crashed with him and POLIS (LFSW: Miglonis) who deliberately tried to full speed ram him and/or GenR uNite (LFSW: Nikopdr). I watched replay and I've come to a conclusion about those two drivers.

- RIGA|BABY: Caused an unavoidable incident with Spiky, by not giving him enough space during lap 3. This driver contacted Spiky after later one already got ahead. RIGA|BABY could have turned left as there was more than enough space over there.

However, we are not sure, was this incident done on purpose or not as other than not turning left side of road, there's no clear sign of him/her trying to contact Spiky intentionally. For that reason, RIGA|BABY recieves a warning for causing unavoidabale incident with Spiky.

- POLIS: Both Nikopdr and Spiky overtook POLIS at the same straight at the same time during lap 5. After that, when coming to last corner of track, POLIS deliberately tried to crash both of them without even trying to brake. Luckily, POLIS just squeezed between them and didn't hit either one, which caused only retrie for him.

Since it's obvious that POLIS tried to ruin those two drivers' races, POLIS will be banned from SRT-races for two months.

Two other important things:

1) Few drivers after being involved in crash, just called other drivers, who were involved in that crash, crashers or idiots. Please: unless situation is absolutely clear, try to solve these cases in a civilized manner after race has ended. Don't call anyone crasher, instead; open another LFS-window and watch temp_mpr-named replay or save mpr-file by pressing 2 and then go to watch that replay. Make a conculsion after watching a situation on replay, not before it!

2) Sometimes, there's been discussion about having Midrace joining allowed for first 20% of the race. This has caused some other drivers join the race about 5 laps behind the race leader and on rare occasions, even try to ruin other people races. At the moment, I am considering about changing this Midrace joining-policy to something else. I already have three possible ideas on mind, one obvious, one simple and one more complex:

Obvious idea:
- Exactly when race starts (or during warm-up), server will be password protected. I may do a scheduled command for that on Airio to make this work automatically. After race has ended, server is again open for everyone.

Simple idea:
- For first 20% of race, midrace joining is allowed. However, now every driver may rejoin up to three times during first 20% of race, in this idea, every driver may rejoin just once.

More complex idea:
- For first 10% of race: midrace joining is allowed. After that, midrace joining is not allowed.
- For first 20% of race: car reset is allowed (preferebaly once, in that case, if driver does a car reset, DT-penalty/30 second time penalty (depending if there is a pitlane normally on track) will be issued to that driver). After that, car reset is not allowed.

If anyone has any other suggestions for this, feel free to contact me Smile
#3 - lucaf
Quote from tankslacno :
2) Sometimes, there's been discussion about having Midrace joining allowed for first 20% of the race. This has caused some other drivers join the race about 5 laps behind the race leader and on rare occasions, even try to ruin other people races. At the moment, I am considering about changing this Midrace joining-policy to something else. I already have three possible ideas on mind, one obvious, one simple and one more complex:

Obvious idea:
- Exactly when race starts (or during warm-up), server will be password protected. I may do a scheduled command for that on Airio to make this work automatically. After race has ended, server is again open for everyone.

Simple idea:
- For first 20% of race, midrace joining is allowed. However, now every driver may rejoin up to three times during first 20% of race, in this idea, every driver may rejoin just once.

More complex idea:
- For first 10% of race: midrace joining is allowed. After that, midrace joining is not allowed.
- For first 20% of race: car reset is allowed (preferebaly once, in that case, if driver does a car reset, DT-penalty/30 second time penalty (depending if there is a pitlane normally on track) will be issued to that driver). After that, car reset is not allowed.

If anyone has any other suggestions for this, feel free to contact me Smile

Any of those three suggestions is good. I like most the choices #1 and #3 and least the choice #2, however as I said, even #2 is an improvement.
#4 - lucaf
Maybe put a new thread with a gallup having those 3 options as voting choices? Now nobody will comment this one...have to write too many words Omg omg omg
#5 - lucaf
Was this 5th or 6th round? The topic says 5th round, result sheet says 6th round, twitch says 7th round. I don't know what to think about this.
Quote from lucaf :Was this 5th or 6th round? The topic says 5th round, but result sheet says 6th round.

Whoops, it's 5th, not 6th. Fixed that.
#7 - lucaf
Why twitch says "Team Hammerfest: Race 7 / 10", its kinda talking about totally another thing, but the stream is from yesterday Big grin
Quote from lucaf :Why twitch says "Team Hammerfest: Race 7 / 10", its kinda talking about totally another thing, but the stream is from yesterday Big grin

Fixed that. It's because I always keep forgetting to change that title before I start streaming - if I change it during middle of stream, it will still have a name which it had when the stream started Big grin
#9 - lucaf
Fresh upload. Maybe HD-version comes with delay. FBM is not really my ground, but have to say I enjoyed learning it even a little
Do you have an events calendar of the fox & fbm races?

I'm looking the web but It is very confusing

August 19: Sunday: Party Comboseries: 3rd season: 5th race
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG