The online racing simulator
Throttle blip
(6 posts, started )
Throttle blip
Hi,

An old version of LFS gave you the option to choose whether to let the game blip the throttle for you or not when downshifting.

This is especially useful for us (mouse users), removes the issue where downshifting locks rear tyres.

It'd be nice if this feature can be brought back, I've discovered that it existed in the leaked version that contained the LX8.

Regards
I always blip it manually (even on mouse lol)
But I agree, why not.
Hm yes, If you use buttons that is, although I've found that method to be very restrictive and not ideal at times.

Different story when using Throttle / Brake combined.
Im mouse user and manual throttle blip is no problem for me
About locking tyres... Throttle blip is not going to help with locking rear in cars
Quote from Mikus1212 :About locking tyres... Throttle blip is not going to help with locking rear in cars

He's talking about the sudden change in tyre speed when you dump the clutch after a downshift. When the RPM is low the flywheel will jolt the fast moving tires as the RPM and wheel speed come to a match, which can cause over-steer in a corner.

If you blip the throttle and match the RPM to the wheel speed before you dump the clutch this won't happen.

Throttle blip
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG