The online racing simulator
I’m confused by your reply; Vsync locks your FPS to your monitor’s refresh rate; e.g. 60Hz monitor = 60 fps when Vsync is on.

My monitor currently runs at 60Hz so why are you suggesting me to force it to 50Hz? A miss-understanding I guess. Unsure about overclock my refresh-rate since monitors don’t have fans & rely on passive cooling, they don’t have the ability to deal with the extra heat.

a. Do you usually build your own PC, by buy individual parts? Or buy pre-build PC systems?

I’m in a similar situation looking to upgrade my aging desktop PC; at the moment I’m waiting for Ryzen 2 or Ryzen 2+ which will be 7nm & free from the Spectre security vulnerability, coming out at 2019 maybe if things go to plan at AMD.

Hopefully by that time, DDR4 memory prices will be closer to normal.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zen_2

You’re in a tricky situation, you can either:
1. Learn to overclock your AM2 CPU.
2. Replace the AM3 motherboard.
3. Get a pre-owned Intel i5 CPU & motherboard that supports the DDR3 that you currently have.
4. Pay double or triple the price for new DDR4 RAM, a new motherboard & get a new CPU that is vulnerable to meltdown & spectre.
5. Wait for AMD Ryzen 2 in 2019+

b. What games do you play or want to in the future? list the ones with the higher system requirements.
Quote from Eastslider : for Ryzen 2 or Ryzen 2+

Thank you very much for this great information, i think i wait for the Ryzen 2 and replace the Am3 with this.
Quote from Eastslider :Vsync locks your FPS

Theory and practice are different things. You said that you have seen a lag while using Vsync with 60 fps and i say you don't see this lag when you use 50 Hz and fps because the LFS Physics engine calculating 100 fps. 100/60=1,666666. 100/50=2. Thats the reason why it run smoother with 50 fps. Also other persons on the forum said this already, i am not the only one.

AMD FreeSync are a very good idea, all i buy in future have Freesync, just my planned Win XP Machine not.
Quote from matze54564 : i say you don't see this lag when you use 50 Hz and fps because the LFS Physics engine calculating 100 fps. 100/60=1,666666. 100/50=2. Thats the reason why it run smoother with 50 fps. Also other persons on the forum said this already, i am not the only one.

Thanks for the explanation, I wasn’t aware of that.

So which operating system are you planning to use with Ryzen with? Windows XP, 7, 8, 10 or Vista Dead banana?

At the moment Ryzen motherboard driver’s only support Windows 7, 8.1 & 10.

Microsoft being a falota, has blocked Window Updates on Win 7 & 8.1 machines running the latest CPU; in an effort to force people to switch to Windows 10.

Running Windows 7 & 8.1 is not a problem; there are multiple guides online to unblock windows update & on how to install windows onto the newer CPU systems.

But Windows XP is going to be a problem, I can’t find any guides online; it is “technical” possible to run XP on Ryzen but even if it runs you most likely won’t get the maximum performance from it since there aren’t any drivers that support XP.

I can only think of 2 options:

1. Use Windows 7, 8.1, 10 on Ryzen > install a virtualization software like VirtualBox or VMware (both are free for personal use) > Install windows XP in the virtualization > run your games there.

2. There must be ways to make games from the XP era to run on modern OS. Maybe through unofficial community patches, No-CD exe, editing file settings, using compatibility mode.

What games and software do you have that only runs on XP? Or are you going to just use Windows 10 with Ryzen? Uhmm
Quote from Eastslider :What games and software do you have that only runs on XP

A lot of games with the SafeDisc or SecuROM DRM don't run under Win 10. The link to CRC2005 obove works only in Australia, this maybe because Australia is really far away and have a completely different Internet.

I have no Problems with Windows 10. I know enough tricks to make a better os than 7, 8.1 with Win 10. And also 7, 8.1 calling home, and i can make Win 10 100% silent, i can shut up the calling home completely and i can disable the Automatic Windows Update also in Win 10 1803. Just make a Backup (Export) from the folder : "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\wuauserv" and save this Backup at a place where u can find it again to turn windows update on again. After u this folder exported to a .reg file, delete this folder completely (right mouse at the folder and delete). Restart your computer and windows update is off forever. If you want turn on. click at the .reg file, watch that it writtn in the registry and also restart the Computer.

That they (Microsoft) have us the Win XP stolen was a big evil. There is no bridge from a 32 bit Win XP to a 64 bit Microsoft OS, this is the big evil. Otherwise the buggy Upgrade Installation from XP to Vista can help, but who creating a new 32 bit system??? This is just completely senseless. Hoping they never make such a cut again.
You must not have applied the No-CD patches properly then.

Best Windows XP System? CPU slows the Graphic Card down
(31 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG