The online racing simulator
LFS SERVER on VPS
(8 posts, started )
LFS SERVER on VPS
Hi, I have a question... I have a VPS and I would like to know what operating system I recommend to select to open a live for speed server and if there is a guide on how to open a live for speed server in VPS
It can be done with both Windows as Linux (I don't have any knowledge about that last one though).
Our AB.nl VPS (at a hosting company) is running Windows Server 2008 R2.
Then download LFS DCon, extract the files and start setting it up the way you want.
If you will be running multiple LFS servers on one VPS (like we have) you might want to create special folders for storing config, log and MPR files.
If you do that, you have to create multiple shortcuts to be able to start those servers.
Windows would be the most easy solution because you can just run the .exe. But Linux (debian or cent or whatever) should be fine too with WINE. Little more complex to set up however.
Linux can run .exe but if it has some interface on it, it will not work (the interface)
#5 - Ped7g
Quote from R0ut66 :Linux can run .exe but if it has some interface on it, it will not work (the interface)

What? It can't run windows executables. But you can use "wine" application to run them (well, if they work, as the wine is not creating perfect windows-like environment, some apps don't work correctly or at all), LFS works quite reasonably that way (it's the only way I can play it, as I don't have any windows on my computers).

Not sure what you mean by "interface", but if you haven't seen linux or understand how it works, why do you comment on this? Smile Rather try it yourself first... Smile https://neon.kde.org/download
Ped7g, you are right. Maybe (long shot, I know) R0ut66 was making a reference to some years ago, when the dedicated server was a window with interface, and then Scawen released the DCon, that is only a cmd console, so wine would have a lot less hassle to make it work.
Hi, thanks for the answers.

Finally I ended up installing "Lubuntu" together with "Wine" and controlled the VPS through remote Windows access and it worked perfectly, now I have another problem.

When I start a server from my internet in "Dcon.exe" it shows me the error "TCP Socket: bind failed" and I have already opened the ports as I did before and I have deactivated the "Windows Firewall"
In config leave IP to auto - entering wrong IP in config is one of reasons of this error message.

LFS SERVER on VPS
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG