The online racing simulator
LFS Master Server - Update Thread (DDoS)
(24 posts, closed, started )
Hi, just thought of stickying this up as a proper thread.

**This thread is to be used current and in future for all general problems occuring for LFS master server at any given time (DDoS, ectra). Individual server DoS encounters or other issues should be put on a seperate thread

For live updates, head to the official LFS Twitter page here :
https://twitter.com/LFSracing
CURRENT SERVER STATS

*A very low or null player count would mean the Master Server is probably down.

Please make use of this single thread to post or comment anything related towards current Master Server-related problems LFS is experiencing. Refrain from spam posting the same thread topic (i.e Server down!!!) all over the forum.

//
You may participate by posting any updates to the situation, such as a working port, an exact timing of the DDoS (and/or master server logging back online).
Other stuff include actions of a suspicious in-game user (i.e entering, leaving repeatedly, chatting about hacking, ectra). Inclusion of their username would be ideal if administrative matters are to take place.

If you need any help (regarding joining, server ports, but not your personal well-being, please) during this period regarding the game, do post them here as well. The forum will hopefully reply promptly to you.
Scawen/Vic/Eric may also respond to inquiries if they are able to Smile, or to post any official updates as well.

Otherwise, this will be kept as an open discussion thread. Please keep thread on-topic.

Note : If this website (lfs.net) goes offline, you may contribute or discuss over at the duplicated thread in TC Forum, which will be linked shortly.
Link : http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=28928

Cheers
#2 - nacim
Good initiative, I started to see a lot of threads appear for the same issue. It should be pinned for now. Thumbs up

BTW, TC forum seems down right now.
EDIT: And now it's working. Taped Shut
#4 - Racon
Quote from nacim :Good initiative, I started to see a lot of threads appear for the same issue. It should be pinned for now. Thumbs up

BTW, TC forum seems down right now.
EDIT: And now it's working. Taped Shut

If it goes to cloudflare try to refresh it a couple times, it should work then.
status update
Status update as of current time

Master server is down, no ports seem to be available..

Quote from Racon :Link[/url]

I've updated the footer description in case you misunderstood the purpose of this thread Wink
Better to follow LFSracing twitter, forum may quickly go down anytime + dis spam...
I agree with Mikus, we can follow their twitter or use one of the million threads there are.

I tried all the ports as well, its unplayable right now.
I'll go do some productive work :^)
Ah, that rmeinds me, I shall pop the twitter link up to the footer as well.

@Kris More productive work = more licence giveaway!
*Note
Updated footer with live tracker from lfsworld.
Quote from MicroSpecV :*Note
Updated footer with live tracker from lfsworld.

I'm one of those people that never visit lfsworld, so this helps. Thanks!

EDIT:

Quote from MicroSpecV :@Kris More productive work = more licence giveaway!

I won't be doing anymore giveaways, atleast not in 2018.
OFFtopic
Quote from kristofferandersen :
I won't be doing anymore giveaways, atleast not in 2018.

Do not worry, I know only two who I would trust S2: one fat ass (which Simona does not like) and one cool newbie. If it works, the MRC will be able to raise a "couple" [no].
Good pastime in the army (do not play with the buttons).
Would it be possible for an admin to either close or even better, remove all the other threads about the attacks/server being off, etc?
There are so many topics about it and new ones are created every day.
Quote from Daniel564 :This test patch seems doing what it was suposed to do in the first place. I can actually connect into the master server(and yes,its a fresh new port but more protected).

Great work Big grin I notice this port's being under attack(I might be wrong) and its pulling it off!

UPDATE: And I can connect into the servers available

(Quoted from test patch thread, Scawen requested DDoS-only stuff be kept out of that thread)

I've noticed there's usually a small selection of servers listed on LFSWorld when the attack is on, around the same number you've got in your screenshot. I don't know how they manage to get listed through the attack, and I've been unable to connect to them, but it is worth a mention that this was the case before the test patch - just on the offchance there's a trick to be learned from which ones survive.

I can't try the test patch 'til tonight, so I'll do a before and after as I patch if there's an attack going at the time.
-
(patrese66) DELETED by patrese66
-
(MicroSpecV) DELETED by MicroSpecV : Resolved question
I'm sorry
Quote from Racon :I've noticed there's usually a small selection of servers listed on LFSWorld when the attack is on, around the same number you've got in your screenshot. I don't know how they manage to get listed through the attack, and I've been unable to connect to them, but it is worth a mention that this was the case before the test patch - just on the offchance there's a trick to be learned from which ones survive.

Hosts that are rented from LFS don't lose connection to the master server. (They're probably on the same server).
Whenever there were just some servers shown at LFSW it were those from the Netherlands.

Trying to choose any nation in filter shows just all or Netherlands to me. Wink
It's logical isnt it.. Master server is there.. LFS hosts from datacenter itself. Use brain?
Win7x64
no problem, worked, good job.
hours through 12 will be sold-out.
-
(simon1234) DELETED by kristofferandersen : off-topic
Nice scawen, I hope they solve the problem
OFFtopic. Sorry me too.
Quote from simon1234 :total idiot

"EL 33", "EL 45"...not insulting... sure. This British behavior I'm not surprised.

Remember: insult = "stroke of the brain". (а может ты не правильно понял перевод O_o)
Your court is primitive: kick, ban. And a complete lack of dialogue, the assertion of their rights as a driver. All arguments are parried: "very highly likely", "insult". I translated the dialogue into your field, the forum. But even there you did not answer any of my questions, began to lie and banned me on the forum. Well ... you're the administrator - you know better. (I will not forget that other MRс administrators leave you from your relationship)
Respect? No, I have not. He fell below the floor.

For all five years online I have with no one, I repeat, no one had problems. (Monza and Xabales are normal guys, they cry sometimes, but you can put up with it).

My respect for you, you have to raise again. You are "nobody" and call you "in no way". Do not try to talk to me from a position of strength. I repeat, not one of my questions or arguments, as an administrator, you ignored. (Yesterday you answered one of my questions at least? ... the answer is obvious)

PS. And yes, I really think: you can not bring up at least two newcomers in a year who will go 1.33. +
My two accounts you banned not for bad driving, it's not legal. There are five dudes that can confirm my abilities, even Monza.

Translated and announced using Google.
Stay on topic please.... Take arguements to PM/another dedicated thread.

But yeah, @Simon That's kind of rude on main forum dude
This thread is closed

(24 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG