The online racing simulator
S3 content question - also general HELLO
Hi, so,

I remember playing the demo as a kid and ditching it on my lack of skill but, now that I bought a whole Logitech G29 system that even came with a very basic racing seat, I came back to LFS and eventually bought an S1 license!

I'm absolutely upgrading for S2 later but so far I have a question: what's the appeal of S3? I mean I get it, the whole track is laser-precision scanned (right?), but is Rockingham all the content or are there new cars or tracks or updates in the horizon? Community looks surprisingly active still but how is development these days?

But basically just saying hi to everyone and I'm looking forward to meet you all behind the wheel online! Any tips regarding multiplayer for a newcomer?

Cheers!
#3 - lucaf
Rockingham is only content in S3 currently, and nobody knows will there be more content and when. S2 warmly recommended, forget S3 for a while. (Even Rockhingham is beautiful, yes laser scanned and has many configs, about 11 different configs )
Well, Rockingham area is great to make layouts. It's only downside is track area size is smallest of LFS track areas.
Unless you really want to drive on Rockingham, but depends of how you see it basically, if its worth to buy now or wait for new content. The final decision is yours in the end.

If you are starting to take your first races, you could stay behind the pack to avoid accidents. Some people get Triggered easily tho, so be prepared to face some anger to be thrown at you lol
#6 - Ped7g
Quote from tanskudaa :... but is Rockingham all the content or are there new cars or tracks or updates in the horizon? ...

There are more updates and content on horizon, but the timescale is undefined, ranging anywhere from within few months/year to never-delivered. The devs are actively developing the content right now, but it is not finished, and as they like to work in the small ~2.5 person team, and release things when they are reasonably finished, it's impossible to predict when more S3 content will arrive.

I.e. unless you really want Rockingham badly, or you want to show extra support to devs, stay with S2 for the moment.
^ What he said.

I'd just buy S2 at the moment, S3 isn't a need unless you definitely want Rockingham. Because besides that one track, that's basically just S3 at the moment. Not saying S3 won't have new content in the future, but that's all it provides currently.
Rockingham contains 11 tracks btw Big grin

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG