The online racing simulator
2048 skins when???
(9 posts, started )
#1 - asyed
2048 skins when???
So whenever we upload skins, we get a message that tells us to anticipate 2048x2048 skin downloading in game. However, this message has been here for quite some time. When the message was first introduced I was hyped, but now I was thinking that 4096 is the standard high definition (It's what I use for Skyrim textures, and they blend so seamlessly). I know we have been busy with the new graphics and tyre physics, but can we get higher quality skin downloads after? I would put definitely put money into LFSWorld credit just for 2048, and 4096 would be pretty much a guaranteed purchase from me. It's just that right now, both 512x and 1024x skins are quite poo and ruining to the immersion (especially VR).
100% with new craphics i thnk. But needed kick in trash my Aspire XD
Всему своё время.
512px and 1024px was hypee in 2004, but we're in 2018 now. Its time for a change.

#MakeLFSGreatAgain
It will be nice but if there is system for private skins. For example to can choose when you upload the skin it is private or not. If the skin is private, other players to can see the skin but to cannot download it.Just loading the skin file from lfs archive where are uploaded all private skins and no one to can get access to this archive. Just thinking. :?
#5 - Ped7g
Quote from valiugera :... If the skin is private, other players to can see the skin but to cannot download it. ...

Dude, you can't bend physical (or in this case more like math/informatics) laws, what you ask is literally impossible. (Makes me a bit scared there are people lacking basic understanding of how computers works, yet using them... :-o)
Quote from Ped7g :Dude, you can't bend physical (or in this case more like math/informatics) laws, what you ask is literally impossible. (Makes me a bit scared there are people lacking basic understanding of how computers works, yet using them... :-o)

This is why i said im just thinking.. yes idk how this can be make it but im sure there is no impossible things. No need to be like my idea but something like that idk.
#7 - Ped7g
? I already told you it is literally impossible. You have to pick, either other people will not see your skin in game (LFS can NOT read/access it, it is accessible only on your machine, or only from your account), or you can NOT protect it, because LFS is displaying it. If LFS is displaying it to other players, it's very easy to extract it from running LFS (any barely skilled programmer can do that, if they would bother with such stupid thing).

But you can't have both.

If you don't care about others, and you want private skins, IIRC you can upload to lfsworld fake skin (white one or some other), and replace skin files in local cache of your LFS with the true skin. That way other players will see the fake skin, but on your machine you will see your private skin. (IIRC this should work with current LFS version well, and from math point of view it's 100% private skin then).
whats the point of having a skin if no one can see it except you?
dont upload to lfsw if you dont anyone to see it and stick to singleplayer gameplay

btw its possible to encrypt files so it can happen
everyone knows this
its just that scawen never bothered doing it
if u can encrypt skins_x files in a special format that cant be read in skins_dds folder then your skin will remain effectively private unless lfs gets hacked and shit and the new filetype gets decrypted
im sure victor can think of something cause he probably knows more about cryptography than i do
#9 - Ped7g
That's not how encryption works. If you want to encrypt something, you must keep it encrypted. But then the LFS can't display it.

If the LFS will display it, then it did decrypt it already. All you need is to extract the dds from the GPU directly, the LFS will never know it happened. Encryption of the files in LFS folder is useless (it will stop only people like you).

"everyone knows this"

2048 skins when???
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG