The online racing simulator
Quote from jackson93 :My birthday. I've voted that day/month last year.

Really? Its the first Release Date of LFS (S1)!
13.07.2003! Na-na
29.02.2019Omg omg omg
has anyone won yet? lol
-
(thegamer147) DELETED by thegamer147
I promised to give another voucher for "the" gfx update, so it's old post (and still closed for entries), but it's still going on... Smile
Quote from Ped7g :I promised to give another voucher for "the" gfx update, so it's old post (and still closed for entries), but it's still going on... Smile

Haha, you may win it yourself
December 2019
Quote from JohnT2005 :I know This isn't about the forum, but do they plan on releasing the vw with the graphics update?

... with the physics update that may happen in the same release as the graphics update Wink
01/01/2021
Quote from lucaf :Haha, you may win it yourself

I think I did. I will think so at least until 2032 ... (hopefully the new graphics for LFS will be released by then already).

Oh well, I didn't want to win this one... :/
Here we go, another non-gfx update...

Sadly, my guess of gfx-patch release date seems to be most accurate guess for many years to come (and it would be really unfortunate to see badlvboy with "2050" to win Big grin ).

Due to considerable changes in my life I would prefer to close this definitely now with 0.7A release, whether you want to consider me winner or not doesn't matter to me (I didn't want to win this one), as I may be not around LFS forums when the gfx patch finally arrives.

I hope lucaf will not object too much for me bailing out of this, this contest is long overdue any way, I think the fun-spirit of it did evaporate a lot and it's slowly turning into bitter reminder...

So let's cherish the new 0.7A release as is, unexpected, but full of new content, and close this one.
The original contest already ended:
Silverracer won: https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1938533#post1938533

I think nobody expected in Feb 2018 that the next update would be graphics patch because at that time there had not even been official news about it.
Quote from Gutholz :The original contest already ended:

I think nobody expected in Feb 2018 that the next update would be graphics patch because at that time there had not even been official news about it.

Maybe not official news but I expected back then the Graphical update not sure where the pictures where posted here on forum or twitter. I believe the news reports started becourse update wasn't that quick as expected?
So u can see why i'm very dissapointed.
Quote from Gutholz :The original contest already ended:

Quote from Racon :That's a point - we've all guessed based on updating shaders and the like, but this DDoS is likely to require a patch. Is that going to count as it is an update to LFS, or not count because it's not really what we were guessing at? "Letter or spirit?", basically Smile

It was about gfx update all the time. IIRC it was not clear it will be full revamp of all tracks including remodelling, etc, but it was definitely about upgrade of graphical look. Yes, back in Feb 2018. Yes, SW development takes [wildly various] time.

Also I'm pretty sure I was doing some calculations before posting my guess, so I must have had some idea what will done for new gfx, that wasn't some random date. I was even surprised how many people guessed 2018 which didn't make any sense to me, except if Scawen would be silently sitting on almost finished update and just didn't leak anything major about it. I was trying to be somewhat optimistic but "real", turned out I was just insanely optimistic (but also we got DDoS-treating network layer patch and car-modding patch meanwhile, so the scope did grow a lot since Feb 2018).

EDIT:
"The original contest already ended" - yes, and then I offered to give another voucher for winner when *the* gfx patch will be released. If it would come out in any near future (like until ~2030), I would win my own voucher. So I'm using this car-mod patch as opportunity to close this, because I have some serious reasons, and I would be very likely the winner either way...

Contest (closed!): Guess release date of next LFS update
(169 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG