The online racing simulator
DFP Question: Am I Taking It Too Seriously?
Hi all,

I got my Logitech DFP last year in September. I'm really happy with it. The quality, pedals...everything's pretty good. But I guess there's something worng about me. Or not. I don't know and I opened this topic to find out.

I'm so scared when I use my wheel usally. Because I'm afraid of making a damage on it. It's not only for DFP. I used to use a Microsoft Side Winder FF and I had the same fear. Why? Because the DFP is one of the most expensive things I've ever bought. It's a big issue. Like a diamond. You want to touch but you're afraid to break it.

So I never did "hard" to my DFP. Might seems ok but as I trying to use my wheel soft I guess I do it too soft. For example I don't turn the wheel fast. If I set it up to harder FF I don't even turn it in normal speed.

Maybe I should have asked this question before I buy my DFP.. I want to use it with the hardest FF and race like a maniac. Is it strong enough for that?

Thank you.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
So you say there won't be any problem if I turn the wheel fast? (big RBR question(: )
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
I recall one of the Logi engineers recently saying that if you were able to spin the DFP VERY fast, you could potentially burn out part of the electronics. For this reason the resistance that is felt in this wheel is was put in. Presumably this means you can't actually spin the wheel fast enough to cause damage, as there is a fail safe in place.
I have an old MSFF lying around. that's 7 years old, and I average about 2 hours a day with it (or used to). That's still godd as new, and I'm pretty vigorous. My DFP has lasted a year with heavy use, and no signs of wear. Play with it, dude, you're not gonna break it!
Can't remember how long I've had my DFP, over 2 years I'd think. It has seen countless races and it's still working absolutely fine. Tough piece of oriental plastic and engineering!

The pedals on the other hand have died a thousand deaths, but I'm so used to pop them open, clean 'em and piece the box together that it'll take only 5 mins per week to keep them working.
Quote from spankmeyer :The pedals on the other hand have died a thousand deaths, but I'm so used to pop them open, clean 'em and piece the box together that it'll take only 5 mins per week to keep them working.

Same here. - its becoming such a rutine to do that.
-maybe we should make a race league with mandatory "fix your pedalbox" pitstop.
My MSFF wheel is over 5 years old, and has been tortured (excessive feed back strength) and wrangled (monstrous hands). And my keyboard tray broke 1st. Cheap POS. Next table is gonna be oak.
i think i have been running mine on 200% force feedback and mine has been fine so far
I have had a DFP for 2 months now, running on maximum FFB in LFS as well as in the profiler, no problems here ^^
DFP is not a cheap plastic wheel. I have it for more than 9 months. CRC2005 and LFS with max FF settings and I don't have any problems with it. See the attachment, it shows the internal parts, they are strong enough for some serious fun
Attached images
dfp3.jpg

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG