The online racing simulator
waht car...
(34 posts, started )
waht car...
what car do you drive? (or your parents)

my dad has a Jeep Cherokee
my mum is getting a Mazda MX-5 in 5 weeks!
I cant w8!
sorry, i meant what car not waht
#2 - Jakg
already been done...
My dad has a subaru legacy and I will soon be getting a rusty piece of crap that'll fall apart at 40mph.

BF1 (parents')
2 litre turbo.

Doesn't matter what the chasis is. It's all about engine noise .
Road Car - Alfa 156 1.8 Twin Spark with turbo conversion, Brembo 4 pots, eibach suspension, 17" GTA wheels

Track Car - Golf MkII GTi16V with competition engine - capacity increase, flowed head, solid lifters, Windage tray and baffled sump, balanced crank, ARP rod bolts, Emerald 3d ECU with fully electronic ignition and fuelling and BMC CDA airbox and Ashley exhaust, reduced final drive, Team dynamics 15x7s with Yoko A048Rs. Spax coilover kit, strut braces upper and lower front, adjustable rear ARB and 23mm front bar, roll cage, FIA approved bucket seats, 4 point harnesses. Rev limit is currently set at 8000rpm but I believe I could go to 9000rpm intermittent.

It makes the Alfa seem slow and that is putting out 200bhp and it weighs 1250kgs! Golf is about 185bhp and 900Kgs.

This is still not the fastest vehicle I own tho My Suzuki GSX600R is much quicker.
Could I borrow your Golf?
Quote from al heeley :Could I borrow your Golf?

No but I don't mind taking you for a white knuckle ride at a track sometime. Get round to most UK circuits at some point or another. Meet me at a trackday and I promise to scare the sh1t out of you
Heh, you're on! Oulton park is probably the nearest to me. I did a race day many years ago (I'm an old git) at Silverstone in a race-tuned Montego (Eugh!) absolutely bloody marvellous fun, your golf would eat it for breakfast.
Quote from al heeley :Heh, you're on! Oulton park is probably the nearest to me. I did a race day many years ago (I'm an old git) at Silverstone in a race-tuned Montego (Eugh!) absolutely bloody marvellous fun, your golf would eat it for breakfast.

Cool. I'm hoping to do Oulton Park in September. I've got a mate who's not been round there and its the type of circuit he loves.

Quite a scary circuit that one too. There's some tricky braking areas where they are slightly curved. And if its wet then Druids gets v slippery.

Once I've got it booked I'll send you a PM m8. And don't be too scared. I really want to be able to drive home in my £5000 Golf!
Wow, how cool is that?! Thanks, I'll really look forward to that.

Erm, any members part of the Red Arrows team?
No worries at all m8. If I end up going there on my own I won't look like Billy Nomates!

Just to warn you though. I think it'll be a midweek day - probably Wednesday.
I can feel a sick day coming on....
Yeah - looks like it'll be Wednesday 13th September.
Jeez, thats an amazing coincidence. [cough]
lol
Quote from al heeley :Jeez, thats an amazing coincidence. [cough]

i bet you are glad i started this thread arnt u?
Well, I am not much of a racer in real life, I got a BMW e36 320 coupe, the year is 1995, and the camshaft system is called VANOS (dont know how that works, but this 2.0 is faster then regular 2.0) no visual mods, exept 17 inch alloy wheels
Im quite happy with it
Renault Clio 1.2 petrol; takes about 20odd seconds if not more to hit 60 and then when it hits 60mph the engine accelerates so much better Feels strange having such a dead car while accelerating but then getting up to 50-60 it begins to really pull better. It handles resaonably well although in the wet I've nearly lost the back of it a few times, very unpredictable in the wet. Only on round abouts on the dual carriage ways, take it a lot easier on open roads in the wet as it's far to unpredictable for my liking.

Someone wrote off our other car and trailer last week so the insurance company have sorted us out with a car of similar quality and value to our old rust bucket of a Passat with over 160 000miles on the clock. You can imagine our faces when they turn up at our house with a brand new Audi A4 estate SLine (the sports one) was like this : Then my Dad asked them if his 17 year old son could go on the policy for this hire car and the guy laughed and said No and I was like :
This car is just crazy though, the brakes are incredible and the thing just grips. I know not to follow close behind one of them things in my Clio I'd smash right into the back of it, my Dad brought the car to a near stop from 60 in a blink of the eye and he didn't even press the pedal that hard.

I got a shot in a car park and just couldn't believe how good it was, made the Clio feel like a sponge. I could accelerate up to 60mph and stop again in the length of this car park, in the clio I'd have been lucky to hit 35mph in the same distance.

Will be a shame when the insurance claims get sorted out and we're back to a rust bucket

Keiran
Keiran - I have driven a few fresh audi , tre A8 (dont remember the engine) and a A6 2.5 Turbo diesel quattro... and I know what you mean - the brakes are just superb...
(enjoy while you can...rustbucket arent that much fun and comfort)
Quote from keiran :You can imagine our faces when they turn up at our house with a brand new Audi A4 estate SLine (the sports one) was like this : Then my Dad asked them if his 17 year old son could go on the policy for this hire car and the guy laughed and said No and I was like :
This car is just crazy though, the brakes are incredible and the thing just grips. I know not to follow close behind one of them things in my Clio I'd smash right into the back of it, my Dad brought the car to a near stop from 60 in a blink of the eye and he didn't even press the pedal that hard.

I got a shot in a car park and just couldn't believe how good it was, made the Clio feel like a sponge. I could accelerate up to 60mph and stop again in the length of this car park, in the clio I'd have been lucky to hit 35mph in the same distance.

Keiran

The As are great fun, but even more fun is the actual S4..

Quote from Gentlefoot :Road Car - Alfa 156 1.8 Twin Spark with turbo conversion, Brembo 4 pots, eibach suspension, 17" GTA wheels

Cool, another Alfa fan, got a GTV here
Visit AlfaOwner Forum?
Quote from der_jackal :The As are great fun, but even more fun is the actual S4..

http://www.audiworld.members.winisp.net/trackday/S4_1.jpg

I actually don't like the back of the salon version Considering the last couple of cars have been Golfs and Passats all rust buckets this Audi has been an amazing change Although when it goes it will be a let down considering what we will probably end up being able to afford. The brakes are what amaze me just how quick the car can come to a stop, just don't leave stuff in the back My Dad forgot when he showed me and all the stuff in the back of the car hit the back of the seats :o luckily nothing hard or breakable!

The woman who hit our trailer and car is being charged so depending on how she pleads the Audi could be getting taken away soon We've now been told that our trailer and car are defiantly write offs, we knew the car was but we thought the trailer (tow-a-van) might have a chance but they are aluminium chassis

Note that the pictures below of the accident is in a built up area, 30mph speed limit. We're parked up on a big stright bit of road. Also note that there are no skid marks, she never actually braked. Hit the tow-a-van wheel arch at what ever speed she was traveling at :s You could fit three fire engines side by side in the street! no other car was even on that bit of road when she hit the tow-a-van :s
Keiran
Attached images
DSC00143.JPG
DSC00140.JPG
DSC00145.JPG
Quote from squidhead :Well, I am not much of a racer in real life, I got a BMW e36 320 coupe, the year is 1995, and the camshaft system is called VANOS (dont know how that works, but this 2.0 is faster then regular 2.0) no visual mods, exept 17 inch alloy wheels
Im quite happy with it

VANOS as in E36 M3 Evo?

waht car...
(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG