The online racing simulator
We're destroying the (virtual) world!
I was just checking my stats on LFSW, and I wondered what my average fuel efficiency in LFS had been.

I've driven a pitiful 17162 miles, and in that distance I've burnt 13340l of fuel, this is an average of only 5.9mpg (4.9mpg US), or 2km/l. Some of the oval racers have averages of under 4mpg! With the amount of racing going on in an average day, the world of LFS must be really hotting up.

Sorry to say this, folks. But it looks like we'll never be getting ice racing in LFS
We're fine so long as we don't add cows and factories.
#3 - majik
I am getting 6.7mpg (US) I guess I need to try harder!
The more you drive the formulas, the lower your gas mileage will be.
Mine was amazingly low, it's changed since I worked it out, so I really should again.
But if you started LFS before S2 came up, your consumption calculations will be wrong because back in S1 we were hippies and didnt burn any fuel!
Our virtual ozone layer must be shagged.
Somehow I've managed 31.8 mpg and I've not been trying to save fuel. I'm just slow.
#9 - ajp71
^^ S1 miles don't count to fuel usage.
I'm getting 6.02 mpg. Glad LFS petrol is free.
Quote from Richardf :Somehow I've managed 31.8 mpg and I've not been trying to save fuel. I'm just slow.

That is really odd!
Quote from Gentlefoot :That is really odd!

That isnt odd at all. Like I said my previous post there was no fuel burnt in S1. But LFSW shows your total distance in LFS including S1 distance and thats why your calculations will have a big error, if you were online before S2.
After 1,5 week with S2 my avarage: 2.3lt. per km. That means 230lt. for 100kms. Wow! That's really extreme.
#14 - Gunn
It should counteract the next ice age rather nicely. :sun: :figuren04 :sun:
..go hug a fern bay treee maaaan
the LFS (from all racers, including s1) fuel consuption is 2,86 km/l, and mine is even lower, 1,98 km/l, i didnt do in mpg cause i think i messed something up, mine did 15+ mpg...i do it again tomorow
4.7 MPG. Oh well who needs an ozone layer anyway.
When you take the data from LFSW for every race you get about 35L/100km which isn't THAT bad when you think about it

But then again, I think the fuel is only taken from S2, while the distace (200 million km mind you) is taken from both S1 and S2.
I'm averaging 8.5MPG (EU gallons). I have done over 22,000 miles, but I never raced S1 much, and only owned it for 8 months prior to S2 being released, so its fairly accurate. I almost always race road-cars and not single seaters, so thats explains why its quite high.
3mpg and i raced in s1 for bout a yearillepallillepall

its 52 celcius and climbing!!!!
#21 - Vain
Someone should adjust the tracktemps. Then everyone would be crying for hydrogen and solar racecars because the tyres even melt when you just stand in the pits.

Vain

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG