The online racing simulator
Police scanner for cruise servers
There exists applications to report a police trap and get reports posted by others, in real life. Just for fun i thought to myself, "would this work in LFS??"

Does insim/outsim client side send coordinate positions?

Edit: I've only been pulled over once on TC so this isn't for me Wink
Police mobile communication is all digital nowadays and encrypted, at least in my country and the UK. So, it's not really real life anymore.

Set aside that, it is possible to program a client side insim program to send a LFS location but I do not understand the point of it. The server already knows where everybody is.
Not a radio scanner, position scanner! Smile

It warns you when a cop is ahead.
Right, hhmm.. Well, it is possible to map positions on the client side. With usernames/tags its even possible to filter only on "cops". If somebody is really into this cruising thing I guess he/she can program something like that, but its quite some work.

And, although it is possible in real life to do this... It's called tetra scanner / tetra scanning .. In real practice it doesn't work that good.

Third, if an admin finds out that you are using some technology what basically can be called cheating, you can risk a ban.

If you are talking about speed traps, not stationary cops, then i believe there is already a thing you can buy in TC for that.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG