The online racing simulator
FBM with mouse, no feel on the rear.
(4 posts, started )
I've been trying other (fast) drivers setups on FBM Blackwood who are supposedly running a keyboard and mouse setup just like I am. The problem is, I find the rear very loose and because I have no force feedback, I have no feel that it is breaking away and as a result I end up oversteering on most corners. I'm at a loss to explain why. Is my mouse set up more sensitive or?

I'm not flinging it into corners either, I just find every quick KBM setup I drive has a loose rear, it's always breaking traction no matter what I do, so at the moment I'm having to run a more neutral setup but then that understeers more and I end up burning my front tyres up. I want to get a FFB wheel but in the meantime does anyone have any ideas?
All fast sets, for the FBM+Blackwood combo in particular, are oversteery, and we adapt our driving style to it, as that setup (or those, in context) are the quickest way round the lap. That's why I've always maintained a slight grudge with FBM at Blackwood, as it behaves slightly more unnatural and you do stuff you wouldn't normally do if driving one in real life.

For me however, my set is slightly less oversteery. I have a Alonso/Verstappen/Craig Lowndes driving style (i.e trail brake, one sharp turn and locks the steering angle in place, instead of small steering movements). This generates slight understeer on purpose. And if the understeer is getting too much I simply reduce the steering angle and boot the throttle, and you get a neutral feel on the exit.

Yes, it might be slower, but based on me, I'm only half a second or so off the WR, with this non-standard setup. Plus it's more consistent on race pace as well, just got to nurse the fronts.

Not sure if I upped my setup on LFSW, try to find it. I'm on mobile atm.

Cheers
Thank you, I'll have a look for it. I tried some faster oversteery setups on the weekend and did better, but think I need to change the gain on my keyboard throttle control, as I think maybe it's applying the throttle too had as most of my spins are under power.
if you cannot do the "point and squirt" technique efficiently, no worry. Try the blipping method (ref. Senna/Turbo cars) where you tap the throttle mid corner in a way to neutralise both understeer and oversteer. Then power out when you feel like you can. If braking, turning in and powering out instantly causes oversteer the blipping may work.

(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG