The online racing simulator
Lots of info needed
I'm sure there are places that state all of this, but I am feeling lazy Tongue
  • Is LFSLapper actually php? Can I use php functions like file_get_contents()?
  • Ive looked through some of the addons, am I able to use (for example) foreach($array as $item){ #do something with $item } or does it have to be: FOREACH () ENDFOREACH or whatever it was
  • how is timing inside of addons handled? are listeners always running? Example: if i want something to run at 10:30, will it keep checking until it's 10:30?
  • is there more documentation other than just methods and functions available?
I want to start writing addons for myself personally, but I am clueless on these things. It's obviously not "normal" PHP.
** Best answer **
No, Lapper isn't PHP, so you can't use any of the PHP functions.
Timing is handled through "RegisterScheduleAction" which can be customised to your needs.
My best source of information is scripts made by other people and 'Changes.txt' if you are looking for special functions and/or the right syntax for things.
Thank you.

It is rather confusing though that it uses the PHP tags don't you think?
Lapper basicly is a scripting language developed by the early devs of Lapper (Gai-Luron and Kravy wrote most of what we currently have)
So you will find similarities with other languages, but in the end it's a language of its own Smile
Quote from Yisc[NL] :Lapper basicly is a scripting language developed by the early devs of Lapper (Gai-Luron and Kravy wrote most of what we currently have)
So you will find similarities with other languages, but in the end it's a language of its own Smile

Alright thanks for the info. Is there any specific place to find the entire syntax?
This thread is closed

Lots of info needed
(5 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG