The online racing simulator
Setting camera and trace guide
Hi, this is a suggestion to developers, if there could be a patch or to incorporate in next LFS version that you could keep the camera view you have used for the next race you will start, so in this way you don´t have to press they (key "v" by default) camera view on your keyboard any time you start a new race, it is quite frustrating.

Same for activating the track line helper (green trace) by pressing key "4" each time you start a new race.

So by programming that the game keeps the latest camera view set and trace guide ON would mean that on next race and so on you will have the same settings so it wouldn´t be necessary to set the camera and press "4" over and over on each race.

This would be great if you can make it.
You can use SHIFT+<key assigned to camera view> to go backwards.

If the race line was set to on by default, it'd be annoying having to switch it off. We run into the same problem in the end. Mostly if not all racing sims have the raceline switched off by default, and the user is the one that decides if he wants raceline or not. Better leave it disabled by default and let the racer decide if they want to enable it or not.

Personally I don't have an issue with the camera views, as you can change it in a blink of an eye, or at least when you get used to switch cameras fast.

Camera cycle: 3rdPerson>TOP view>Cinematic>FPV>Custom View.
SHIFT+C(or the key you have assigned to camera view) will go backwards, so for example if you are on the inside view ( FPV ), pressing SHIFT+C will switch to cinematic and so on.
It will go backwards on that cycle to resume it.

Ps: Press and Hold camera key for ultimate seizure Omg omg omg
Quote from Ibtasim6781 :You can use SHIFT+<key assigned to camera view> to go backwards.

If the race line was set to on by default, it'd be annoying having to switch it off. We run into the same problem in the end. Mostly if not all racing sims have the raceline switched off by default, and the user is the one that decides if he wants raceline or not. Better leave it disabled by default and let the racer decide if they want to enable it or not.

Personally I don't have an issue with the camera views, as you can change it in a blink of an eye, or at least when you get used to switch cameras fast.

Camera cycle: 3rdPerson>TOP view>Cinematic>FPV>Custom View.
SHIFT+C(or the key you have assigned to camera view) will go backwards, so for example if you are on the inside view ( FPV ), pressing SHIFT+C will switch to cinematic and so on.
It will go backwards on that cycle to resume it.

Ps: Press and Hold camera key for ultimate seizure Omg omg omg

thanks, but if you play with race line and use always a particular camera view it would be great if the game can keep that setting for the next race and so on, this is how it should work. ie. if you always play with race line then the race line should be kept, if you don't play with race line than it won't appear.

The suggestion is in order you don't have to press 4 and change camera view every time you start a new race if you got the point. I know you can do it quick but the idea is that it won't be necessary to do it, if you play with race line and a particular camera view you will hardly ever change it so here's the key to make life easier. This are simple ideas and details to enrich the gameplay of this fantastic race game.
You can automate pressing 4 each time you go out of garage by editing road.lfs, paddle.lfs and sequential.lfs in data/script folder. Add /press 4 to the end of the files.
Quote from Flame CZE :You can automate pressing 4 each time you go out of garage by editing road.lfs, paddle.lfs and sequential.lfs in data/script folder. Add /press 4 to the end of the files.

thanks, I'll try in a moment, does it also work if I add "/press v" on those files to change the camera or this will only help for the race line?
Quote from Flame CZE :You can automate pressing 4 each time you go out of garage by editing road.lfs, paddle.lfs and sequential.lfs in data/script folder. Add /press 4 to the end of the files.

THANKS! it worked, now it is the half way. I have also added /press v (to set the second camera view) but it doesn´t work.

I see you can personalise the camera and this will be your initial view but even trying to make it as equal as the rear car option is (by pressing one time key "v") it is not possible to achieve it, you get a kind of eye fish which doesn´t look good, so I guess for now I´ll have to press "v" each time I start a new race to play with the rear car view, unless on the automated script it could be achieved it in some way or that the programmers have this in mind in future.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG