The online racing simulator
Getting LFS S3 license, Hamachi host, help
Hi, I downloaded the most recent version 6R as a demo and I´d like to buy this game, so should I get the S3 license to unlock all cars and tracks? what about the multiplayer game, if I ask my brothers to buy this game too can we play multiplayer free of charge? using maybe Hamachi or by buying the game Hamachi is not necessary? we´d play only 3 or 4 of us, no more people so I don´t want to pay a host to race once a week maybe, any help if somebody knows that Hamachi will help or by buying the game should we stick to LFS hosts to pay? sorry I'm new with multiplayer world, thanks
reported
?????
You stupid? You come to an official forum asking if it is a good idea to crack.
Quote from cargame.nl :You stupid? You come to an official forum asking if it is a good idea to crack.

hey, you are an insolent and aggressive person, I will REPORT YOU. I am just asking because I DON'T KNOW.
Now you know. Very good, fast learner.
Anyone smarter on the forum to explain me? no rubbish persons please. I just need to know either I can buy this game and run Multiplayer creating my own server via Hamachi or similar or anything else or should we pay yes or yes LFS hosts? On the F.A.Q host says about starting my own server, that's what I didn't understand, so is it possible to use LFS creating my own server? how? thanks for your help.
You need to buy licence for every player. That mean if you wanna play with 4 friends , you to have seperate licences. And you dont have to use Hamachi, you can find empty server or host it on your pc.
Also if there is no other choice than going for the LFS server and I rent their server for say a year, I'm the only I have to pay and ask them to join it or do my brother and cousins have to do the same? paying all of them a server? In total we'd be racing only 4 or 5 persons. But I have to know all of this before talk to them to buy the game. Help.
Quote from neonmateo :You need to buy licence for every player. That mean if you wanna play with 4 friends , you to have seperate licences. And you dont have to use Hamachi, you can find empty server or host it on your pc.

Yes, I know we all will need a license and also wanted to know if buying S3 6R license means all the cars and tracks will be unblocked? or is it necessary to buy S1 S2 aswell?

re.multiplayer, so if we buy this game is it possible to race in multiplayer? no need a server/host? is that what you said? I just don't want any kind of surprises, otherwise, they will blame me.
With a S3 (this includes S1 and S2) , all cars and tracks are unlocked.

You can host a server by a dedicated server or ingame ( Multiplayer >> Start a new host)

Or you can rent a LFS Server.
https://www.lfs.net/hosting for example
I'm gonna keep watching this thread. If you would happen to buy a license, I'd love to help you out.
Quote from Bass-Driver :With a S3 (this includes S1 and S2) , all cars and tracks are unlocked.

You can host a server by a dedicated server or ingame ( Multiplayer >> Start a new host)

Or you can rent a LFS Server.
https://www.lfs.net/hosting for example

thanks, what's the difference by creating my own server or renting a LFS server? we'd only race once a week or so and only for fun, that's all. We are all on the same city here so speed connection wouldn't be an issue. Is the LFS server just to have points, positions etc? if so we wouldn't need it then? and a local host will suffice?
Quote from kristofferandersen :I'm gonna keep watching this thread. If you would happen to buy a license, I'd love to help you out.

thanks, I just needed to know this couple of questions first so when I'm informed enough I will talk with them here.
As Bass-Driver told,if you buy S3 that will include S1 and S2.
There is big suspicion and preconception that people run cracked servers if they ask about hosting with demo licence.

Edit : If you live in same city,best thing would be guy who have fastest connection to host. There shouldn't be big lag.. (I played with guy who hosted from UK ,and im from Croatia,I had around 50 ms)

Diffrence between renting host and hosting on your own is simple.
You pay for rented host but server is up all the time and it doesn't require your/friends pc to run on.
If you host on your own you need to have server oppened on your pc as long as you wish,if you turn off LFS or PC,it will end server host.
Quote from neonmateo :As Bass-Driver told,if you buy S3 that will include S1 and S2.
There is big suspicion and preconception that people run cracked servers if they ask about hosting with demo licence.

Edit : If you live in same city,best thing would be guy who have fastest connection to host. There shouldn't be big lag.. (I played with guy who hosted from UK ,and im from Croatia,I had around 50 ms)

Diffrence between renting host and hosting on your own is simple.
You pay for rented host but server is up all the time and it doesn't require your/friends pc to run on.
If you host on your own you need to have server oppened on your pc as long as you wish,if you turn off LFS or PC,it will end server host.

I see, thanks, I didn't know this race game and when I googled my question it appeared Hamachi very often, that's why I mentioned it. I'm 42 YO and my brothers similar age, we actually going to go kart in real but racing online with karts will be fun.

I got what you said re.LFS sever 24/7, thanks. We'd only play the 4 of us, that's all.

So if we all get this S3 licenses, Can my brother -which has about 30mb internet connection- use his computer as a server? but can he play at the same time with us? So you can create a multiplayer game in LFS multiplayer options, is that easy? no more surprises? thanks for your help.
I can't help much about setting up server,but I've heared its easy.And yes,he can play and host at same time. He is okay with 30mb internet.
thanks a lot
Quote from kristofferandersen :I'm gonna keep watching this thread. If you would happen to buy a license, I'd love to help you out.

Hi, are you in sales or you wanted to help as just a forum's member?

Need to know if by buying 4 licenses in a row there could be a discount and if it is possible to pay myself for the fours in 1 payment, then if they can download the game on their machines individually.
In shop you can buy a licence for yourself and 3 gift vouchers for your friends and pay for them all at one time. No discounts though,but Argentina has already a discount by default,where you pay 3 pounds less for every licence stage (9 pounds instead of 12 for S1 or 27 pounds insted 36 for S3 - all 3 stages).
If you're interested in racing karts,the closest what LFS can offer is the MRT. You can get it by purchasing just S1 licence,you'll get 3 track environments with it,one of them is Autocross,probably best area for the car,as you can build your own layouts there. If you want a real karting track,then you need to buy at least S2 - Westhill offers 2 karting tracks,one of them is very small though. All info you can see in contents page.
About hosting server - it's really easy,you just need to select multiplayer in start menu and then "start new host". Create a name and if you want it private - add password and share it with your friends. For 4 racers you don't need a fast internet,just need to be stable. If you have a router,you need to forward ports,more info in LFS Manual hosting page.
Quote from PlSTOL :Hi, are you in sales or you wanted to help as just a forum's member?

Need to know if by buying 4 licenses in a row there could be a discount and if it is possible to pay myself for the fours in 1 payment, then if they can download the game on their machines individually.

Shortly.

No discounts regardless of any amount in one payment. Every license costs same.

Yes. You can buy all in one. For me though i did try same but could not. Had to do separately in past. But should be possible.

Yes. Can do individually.

Sorry using mobile, bit frustrating to type for me.

Edit: As Eclipsed told, stick up with that
^ UM got it all said. Some discounts would be nice as I've spent £340 so far Big grin. Back to the server thing:

I'm a member of the forum, I've hosted several times both on linux and windows. I could help you out if you're still stuck with hosting :-).
Drop me a PM and we'll talk.
If you want to race karts, that FYI LFS doesn't have, then check this out which does have several karts.
(And is cheaper)
(And you can run modded, real life tracks, rather than 1 Kart track)
http://store.steampowered.com/app/431600/Automobilista/

Here's how to host your server.
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/hosting-a-multiplayer-server.118380/

This is what it looks like,
https://youtu.be/QuOYvhnS6Rw
And
https://youtu.be/mlUwc7OEzi4

If LFS has got Karts that I am unaware of then please let me know...........
(MRT is NOT a kart)

I'm not claiming it's a better sim, only that it has Karts which was the posters request.

Quote from Racer X NZ :If you want to race karts, that FYI LFS doesn't have, then check this out which does have several karts.
(And is cheaper)
(And you can run modded, real life tracks, rather than 1 Kart track)
http://store.steampowered.com/app/431600/Automobilista/

Here's how to host your server.
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/hosting-a-multiplayer-server.118380/

This is what it looks like,
https://youtu.be/QuOYvhnS6Rw
And
https://youtu.be/mlUwc7OEzi4

If LFS has got Karts that I am unaware of then please let me know...........
(MRT is NOT a kart)

I'm not claiming it's a better sim, only that it has Karts which was the posters request.

MRT5, as known as built by McGill Racing Team ( not sure where 5 comes there ), is FSAE car, Society of Automotive Engineers, SAE. basically, it is Formula car based on SAE classification, but specs are technically in past based on big go-kart.

Yes, it is not really a kart, but as how karts are built and how karts are loosely based to formula cars and vice versa, I can safely say, it is KART, but specs as formula.

I think I would call it FSAEKART, due it really reminds KART
If you wanna play a LAN multiplayer, Hamachi is not necessary, and you can use your license to unlock their LFS install.

It will work only in local network and server must not be connected to master.

If you are not in the same local connection, multiplayer using hamachi or any other kind of tool/hack isn't allowed. Players must own a license.

Otherwise, I can buy a license and tell that I have 200 friends, uncles, sons, etc and request to play for free with all of them.

Getting LFS S3 license, Hamachi host, help
(27 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG