The online racing simulator
League Management System
(20 posts, started )
League Management System
I am in search for a League Management System. It should be web based and hopefully programmed in php and mysql. Do somone know or use a system like this?? It would be nice if it could read the tsv/csv files produced by LFS stats.

~b
Anyone??
I'm planning and indeed have started writing something of this nature but it is not php driven, it works over the web but requires a server application to be running, not just a web based SQL database.
That could be a problem with some(if not most) ISP Mine will not let me start a server (dreamhost.com)
What are they hosting if you cannot serve anything?
I can't start my own servers(i have shell access). But they ofcurse have apache, php, mysql and probably more...?
Ah, using a hosting account rather than a server. Oh well, I can't help you then...
#9 - n1lyn
Currently there is a league managing system being done, which is proposed to take care of LFS and all its possible features. we plan a lot of features, which should all work out. but it still takes some time to finish everything and think about every detail
Is it possible too get a beta/alfa so I can install and test it on our comunity site?
no im sorry.
we (IRT) would need something like that for our racing league (coppa italia) but wich can handle multiple racing pools with different point system, point penality, automatic mpr parsing to generate race reports, SLS seems good but not far enough for our use, n1lyn one seems good too but we want it on our website not on "their" website. Does anyone else know a solution?
There are so many leagues out there... are all people making their own system?
#14 - GerG
Quote from bluejudas :There are so many leagues out there... are all people making their own system?

We at the hungarian League use our own for example
#15 - arco
And preferably something for Joomla! would be great. A lot of people are using this as their CMS system, so it would be nice to have something that integrates into it. I know I miss that.
but doesn't have mutliple pools with different pointsystem into the same championship (like for example our championship or lfs endurance). I was wondering if any of the current league webmaster is willing to share his system.
#18 - Gunn
Quote from Becky Rose :What are they hosting if you cannot serve anything?

This not uncommon. Many ISPs do not allow their customers to run any kind of server, even a game server.
We too, LFSNAL, have something like this. It consists of quite a few php scripts (including a mpr parser), mysql db and a lfs-server-insim-management program.

It works by the manager program posting/getting info with the server scripts. Web based, post and gets stuff. We try to keep as much as possible server side with the manager program being a connection to best laps or whatever.

With all that said, the system is always under development, slowly. There is still some work to be done and would be a while if we were to release anything. RiCiN wrote the php and handles the server. I wrote the manager.
Sorry to bump up this thread...

...but I'm trying to find help on a simple (e.g. for a programmer noob) league management system.

thnks

League Management System
(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG