The online racing simulator
Quick question regarding hosting
Is it 100% necessary to use any specific port for LFS? Can I use any port and still be public on the server list?
#2 - Racon
Any port is fine, you just need a unique one for each server that is hosted on the same computer.

(Don't forget to forward the port(s) in your router!)
Quote from Racon :Any port is fine, you just need a unique one for each server that is hosted on the same computer.

(Don't forget to forward the port(s) in your router!)

That's awesome thank you!

Will be starting yet another demo server soon.

Side question: What are people using these days to host servers with custom popups and stuff? And automatically broadcasted messages.
#4 - Racon
No problem Smile

Airio and Lapper are the ones I come across usually, and there's also PRISM.

Airio is pretty complete for admining and laptimes, but it's old, no longer supported and doesn't do scripting (airio.eu). Lapper and PRISM are more 'scripty' and flexible, actively developed, and they've both got dedicated forums here in the programmer's section.

Check out "9397 Racing" server for an example of Airio, and "Sin'rs Race N Drift" for an example of Lapper.

Edit: Doh! Those servers aren't demo. "![AMG] GTi MotorSport" is a demo with Airio, but I don't know any demo servers with Lapper or PRISM I'm afraid.
Quote from Racon :No problem Smile

Airio and Lapper are the ones I come across usually, and there's also PRISM.

Airio is pretty complete for admining and laptimes, but it's old, no longer supported and doesn't do scripting (airio.eu). Lapper and PRISM are more 'scripty' and flexible, actively developed, and they've both got dedicated forums here in the programmer's section.

Check out "9397 Racing" server for an example of Airio, and "Sin'rs Race N Drift" for an example of Lapper.

Edit: Doh! Those servers aren't demo. "![AMG] GTi MotorSport" is a demo with Airio, but I don't know any demo servers with Lapper or PRISM I'm afraid.

Perfectly fine! I will be buying S2 within a couple days (probably within a couple hours)

Do you have any specific suggestion between all of those on what would be the "Best" one. Best would mean simplest, highest featured
#6 - Racon
That's about as much as I know about them I'm afraid - I'm busy debugging/expanding my own Wink
Quote from Racon :That's about as much as I know about them I'm afraid - I'm busy debugging/expanding my own Wink

That's alright. I sorted it out and will be launching my server very very soon!

Airio was quite easy to get setup and the default server software was basically ready to run.
Quote from TechEdison :Do you have any specific suggestion between all of those on what would be the "Best" one. Best would mean simplest, highest featured

I was about to extol the virtues of Airio - the Air Attack servers all use Airio, it was developed by one of our old members, so we're kinda biased - but I see you've gone ahead and got it underway already. Big grin

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG