The online racing simulator
Question regarding weather/lighting
Hello, does anyone know if it's possible to overwrite the server weather.Say I join a server with morning weather on but want to have it overcast instead.
I know from the pic folder I can change the sky_ files but I dont know which file is used on Autocross.
Also what do the sky_....dds files change exactly in the dds folder.
If you want to change the server weather you need to use the /weather command in the LFS server lobby (but you need admin permissions for that).
Hmm,not sure if that would work - overwriting dds file would change skies graphically,but lighting will stay same,I believe.
Quote from Eclipsed :Hmm,not sure if that would work - overwriting dds file would change skies graphically,but lighting will stay same,I believe.

Correct.
There's no way (not an easy way I mean) to do what you want. Replacing "skies" on data folder will only override the sky image, which is not related to light behavior.
So you want to cheat weather hhmm
Also you need change light environment but it value changing in file wld/lok
Quote from repeat83 :Also you need change light environment but it value changing in file wld/lok

Please don't teach this kind of thing... Ya right
Quote from repeat83 :Also you need change light environment but it value changing in file wld/lok

Thanks for replies.
I dont see how this is cheating but ok.
Quote from taipalsaari :Thanks for replies.
I dont see how this is cheating but ok.

All players must drive in the same conditions, which include lights. Using it on cruise/drift servers wont means anything (at least for me), but u can get some advantage on races. And access to these answers are not restricted. So, YOU can change lights for single player/cruise/drift, but someone else can use to modify for races.

That's why I think this kind of thing should not be teached.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG