The online racing simulator
Thoughts on S3
(15 posts, closed, started )
Thoughts on S3
You know. I pretty much gave up on S3 getting done in my lifetime. Can you will your license to your survivors? Yeah. It's going to be awhile on getting that. But I think the game should reflect more on contemporary times when it does finally come out. Something more in line with the times. So I'm thinking the game needs self driving race cars. You could also have these double as UBER cars in the cruise servers. Could also gear the game towards millennials by making it to where no matter what place you finish, you still win. Maybe rename the Pits to Safety Zone? There should also be emogis in the instructions. They seem to like those things.
Maybe marketing strategies need to be researched some too. Compared to the other video games out there, LFS has dismal sales numbers in North America. That can be fixed by doing two things. One. Add more violence. Show some mangled flesh in crashes.... Yeah. It'll sell like hotcakes. Two. Celebrity voice overs. We love that crap here. There's bound to be some washed up movie star desperate to get a paycheck that'll work cheap. Maybe the red headed kid from the Harry Potter movies? I dunno. Just some thoughts.
This game needs more explosions..Michael Bay?!
#3 - Racon
Quote from Racer Y :Could also gear the game towards millennials by making it to where no matter what place you finish, you still win.

But that would be an end to speed-hacking, which would mean I'd need to find other ways to identify crippling insecurity.
Quote from Racer Y :So I'm thinking the game needs self driving race cars.

Already done - called "AI"! Tilt
boobs, boobs are the answer
at first i was like
Quote :wtf, this guy is crazy

but after i read whole post im like this:

^

Really only agreed that we're lacking behind in terms of PR or general advertising of the game itself. It's not outreaching enough that we're seeing a higher influx of new users, and even less for licenced-buying ones.

Big improvements for S3 are definitely being made, but they usually take a long time to process out (hey, just in general), and in the meantime there's not much content feeding the users to keep them alive and interested.

Little improvements to filler-in during the time between large updates can go a long way in at least preserving the interest in the game - such as a simple damage model; doesn't have to be finicky, or even small visual improvements to the cars; different bodies, etcetra. You can find a load of these suggestions in, well, the Improvement Suggestions thread. There are so many that it kinda speaks of the progress of LFS in recent times.

But all is not lost, if everything falls right we'll be expecting a revamped tire physics model, the opening of Blackwood's highway and probably a new track. But that'll take a while to come, yet.

Everyone here is keeping the faith but without better PR and promoting of the game you'll never get an audience big enough, that when the development his a snag or idles for a long time, even with a drop in users the audience numbers (active users) are still kept high. That's the main issue from what I think - the ball is rolling but it's fighting a uphill battle that its losing at the moment.

Oh well, another 2 cents it seems..

(p.s yes i know about the flexible licence rates, just putting that out-of-context for this moment)
LFS is a niche game in a niche game category. Its advantages over other sims, like price, low pc specs, are not things the average USA sim racer are looking for. The troll threads tend to fare better in off topic.
Quote from Racer Y :You know. I pretty much gave up on S3 getting done in my lifetime. Can you will your license to your survivors? Yeah. It's going to be awhile on getting that. But I think the game should reflect more on contemporary times when it does finally come out. Something more in line with the times. So I'm thinking the game needs self driving race cars. You could also have these double as UBER cars in the cruise servers. Could also gear the game towards millennials by making it to where no matter what place you finish, you still win. Maybe rename the Pits to Safety Zone? There should also be emogis in the instructions. They seem to like those things.
Maybe marketing strategies need to be researched some too. Compared to the other video games out there, LFS has dismal sales numbers in North America. That can be fixed by doing two things. One. Add more violence. Show some mangled flesh in crashes.... Yeah. It'll sell like hotcakes. Two. Celebrity voice overs. We love that crap here. There's bound to be some washed up movie star desperate to get a paycheck that'll work cheap. Maybe the red headed kid from the Harry Potter movies? I dunno. Just some thoughts.

Quote from MousemanLV :This game needs more explosions..Michael Bay?!

Rofl
Simple things such as smoke coming out of the exhaust or a big chuck of white smoke popping out of the engine once you blow it would add some dynamism on the tracks which always seem too sterile compared to other genre (just my opinion here). These things wouldn't take too much time to implement it seems and they could have a huge visual impact. Victor made some pretty good beat that could contextually be added on the menu and sub-menus. I played some RR5 recently and couldn't believe how avant-garde the menu was compared to what we have today in racing simulations. I know these are completely different genre but still worth mentioning.

Of course rag-doll physics being thrown out of the car with high velocity on a severe impact would be much more spectacular although adding a bit of controversy. This said, it would be interesting to read "You died 29 times" on LFSWorld stats.

I should never post, too much ideas.
maikl baaaaaai!!
You would hope intelligence progresses from generation to generation but it seems to go in the opposite direction. Lets add that video on the next Voyager. Hope aliens spot it and blow up this planet. Quickly.
-
(GreyBull [CHA]) DELETED by GreyBull [CHA]
:steamsalt:
To be Honest,as you talked about "self-driving race car",the ai needs to be fixed in single player,that there ai are way too aggressive and not leaving the space most of the time when player are going coming to lap them or overtake them,usually i use single player for practicing,but i gave up due to ai always try to rearend me when i braked a little bit too early,and it's hard to find racing server on server list,most of them are drift and cruise server
This thread is closed

Thoughts on S3
(15 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG