The online racing simulator
Lag since 0.6R
(10 posts, started )
Lag since 0.6R
Hello,

I got much lag after i upgraded LFS a couple of weeks ago to 0.6R. I came from 0.6Q.
My connection was always good working without any lag. I use Windows 10 Pro x64 and a Clevo N170SD-barebone-laptop.
Mostly, i use Wi-Fi when i play LFS. That was always working good, but now even with a network cable it isn't stable.

The problem is that i have many times of lag when i play online in LFS.
My connection speed is fine (download and upload 100 Mbps+ and i don't have other internet-related problems.

What can i try to solve it?
Is reinstalling LFS useful?

Thanks in advance!

Regards, i-love-cruise
#2 - BeNoM
Download/Upload speed doesn't matter at all in online gaming (unless you get less then 100kb/s), what matters is ping. What's your ping?

Is it multiplayer lag (as in cars jumping around everywhere and/or you disconnecting) or is it game lag (as in low frame-rates and/or stuttering)?
Hello,

Thanks for your answer!

My ping is (measured by speedtest.net) 7 ms, so it's not too low.

It's multiplayer lag, not game lag (i got the same FPS as before).
You have connection problems in R and u claim u'r connection is good and it's no game lag.

So maybe end off story Smile

Maybe something changed wireless or u'r hardware gets to hot.

Sometimes my wireless is bugged and router needs a restart.

I have no problems in R
Thanks for your answer!

I have been using powerline adapters between the router and the modem. They're known as unstable, but my adapters are luckily stable. I have been using them for years without problems, but they can still cause the issue.

I restarted the router, the modem and the powerline adapters and it looks solved now!

Thank you guys for helping me!

i-love-cruise

PS: @RC-Maus, my ISP is also Caiway.
Unfortunately, it wasn't solved. It only looked like it was solved for a short time.

I don't have lag on another internet connection. It's strange.

I tried TCPOptimizer and it's working better now (it looks like atleast), but i'm experience still lag.

Does anybody know something i can do?

Thanks in advance!

i-love-cruise
I still experience this problem.

Does someone knows a solution?

I only have this problem with my own internet-innection (i hadn't any problem when i was using another connection for a couple of days).

Thanks in advance!

i-love-cruise
Have you tried running an ethernet cable from your PC directly to your router to rule out any problems with your mains/powerline adapters?
Thanks for you answer!

I am currently connected directly to my powerline-adapter (my powerline-adapters are connected between the router and the modem, so i'm now directly without the router on the internet) and it's working without lag. That means the problem has something to do with my router i think.

i-love-cruise
After powercycling my routers (i use two routers; one as router and the other one as access point), switch, powerline-adapters, modem and computer, it's working again (i waited about 4 minutes when they were off). I hope it's solved forever.

Thanks everyone!

i-love-cruise

Lag since 0.6R
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG