The online racing simulator
Intel F1 simulator Canadian tour
#2 - JJ72
that's a total waste of time, it's a glassfiber body on a wooden frame with a momo racing wheel, with a heavily aided R-factor "game", maybe when tristian go online we could elaborate a bit.
I challenge everyone not to slag off rfactor in this thread.

Just one thread.
Yeah, I didn't start this thread for bashing. We don't even know for sure what simulator they use. Might not even be rFactor OR LFS. I'll find out friday, anyhow.
Last 'simulator' i went to was a 32" plasma screen wth a basic racing frame, a logitech forula force GP wheel and a copy of EAs F1 with the 05 mod
Please keep it going on-topic guys, if this ends up an opportunity to slag off rfactor it benefits nobody and we just end up binning the post. Thx
#7 - ajp71
What Tristan thought of it at Silverstone:

Quote from Tristan :I went into the BMW Pitlane Park - got to see bits of car (and see how heavy they were), do a pitstop challenege (I didn't), watch some failed racing driver do two miserable burnouts in a Sauber F1 car (Andy Priloux?), and had a go on the Realistic Driving Simulators -> What a joke. Crap graphics (although it was Silverstone), crap T-bar view. Every driver aid in rFactor on. Black Momo wheels, but set up so that you only needed about 10 degrees of lock for the whole course, a super soft, extra-long travel brake pedal. The same for the throttle. On both pedals only the last 4mm did anything, so you had to press for about 60mm before anything happened. Auto gear changes (even though I asked for Hard mode with manual shifts), and AI somehow worse that LFS's. Quite simply the worst driving GAME ever made. It has fully and unreversably cemented rFactor as a hateful waste of money. It has zero redeeming features, and the only reason Sauber uses rFactor is because Sauber wanted decent versions of the real tracks just for them, but didn't want the public to get them.

Come on Tristan, post up your lap times!
I didn't make a note of it. You only get one lap, starting in 13th place with 12 AI ahead of you. So you spend the first 2 corners getting used to the steering, throttle and brakes, then 2 or 3 corners getting used to the (lack of) AI, then there's three or four slow corners which are completely different to the rest of the lap. In short I wasn't paying attention to my lap time, and I didn't do particularly well - I finished tenth (although the highest I saw anyone finish whilst queuing was an 8 year old who couldn't see the screen properly who finished 8th).

I'm not going to be drawn into another rFactor slangling match (although Alex has sort of done it for me ) in this thread. There are plenty of other threads where I voice my opinion on it, so tempt me there if you do. It's not as though I haven't played a fair amount of rFactor, mostly in one solid 3 or 4 week lump to get used to the physics, and I think it's fair to say my opinion isn't getting any better with time.
At the BMW F1 experience thing I finished 2nd with a 1:41. Like Tristan says in his post, it takes to the end of Beckettes to get the throttle/steering sorted, stowe is your first touch of the brakes and the calibration was way off. The rest of the lap was difficult for me as I had some pretty awful relections from the glaring sun on the big perspex guard around the encloseure. If it had been setup well and had an option for no driving aids it would have been worth going back. Did anyone get a shot of the Toyota driving experience, the queue was too long for me but the competition looked pretty steep (fastest time was a 1:14, but I never saw what that the track was actually Silverstone, just assuming it was)
Damn I missed it too :banghead:
Quote from tristancliffe :watch some failed racing driver do two miserable burnouts in a Sauber F1 car (Andy Priloux?)

Didnt see the original thread and dont want to go off topic but.... Do you even knows who that is?- think World Touring Car champion- hardly failed racing driver.
Will they release the Sauber for the rFactor at all? I just wonder, if they could do it in the first place they would have probably done it already... As Scawen said sometime before that he couldn't agree on some things in the deal (the fact that they wanted the car released for LFS) and because of that rFactor got the deal too, but rFactor will never see the official F1 Sauber released for public? Or what?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG